Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:06 AM   #1
jason2811
macrumors 6502a

iPhoto and Dropbox

Looking to backup my photos in Dropbox and use iPhoto to organize them. What is the best way to do this? Although I like the way iPhoto organizes photos within the iPhoto application, I dislike the way it organizes photos in Finder when you're not in the application. It makes the photos the difficult to search through if I'm not use iPhoto for whatever reason. My biggest question: Since the iPhoto library has it's own unique file organization system, what does it look like if I try to open my iPhoto library in DropBox?
jason2811 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:44 PM   #2
jojoba
macrumors 65816

I've only tried on android devices, but there it doesn't open. I export my iPhoto library to DropBox. There's a sync recipe on this web page, I haven't tested this out, though. I just use the export file function in iPhoto and send the images to Dropbox.

http://danwarne.com/backup-iphoto-li...-save-space-2/

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store