Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:23 AM   #1
Iphonehelp56
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Iphone MMS while on the phone?

Is there any reason why I can receive MMS messages while on the phone but I cant send them? I have an iphone 5 on AT&T and I tried another iphone on the same network but it could only receive and not send too. Is this AT&T? Its not a big problem but I just have to end the call for it to send and call the person back which is pretty annoying.
Iphonehelp56 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Vell843
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Have you tried setting>message> and switched on MMS Messaging?
Vell843 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:42 AM   #3
Iphonehelp56
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vell843 View Post
Have you tried setting>message> and switched on MMS Messaging?
Like I said i can send and receive while not on the phone. Just not send while on the phone while receiving works just fine. The setting is on
Iphonehelp56 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Hankster
macrumors 68000
 
Hankster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Washington DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphonehelp56 View Post
Is there any reason why I can receive MMS messages while on the phone but I cant send them? I have an iphone 5 on AT&T and I tried another iphone on the same network but it could only receive and not send too. Is this AT&T? Its not a big problem but I just have to end the call for it to send and call the person back which is pretty annoying.
I had an iPhone with ATT for several years and never had this issue. I was always able to place someone on speaker and send them a message.
__________________

iMac - MacBook Air - iPhone - iPad - Shuffle - Nikon
Hankster is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:32 PM   #5
Iphonehelp56
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
I had an iPhone with ATT for several years and never had this issue. I was always able to place someone on speaker and send them a message.
Thats how it use to be for me but for some reason its changed. I know that my cell tower has been under repair and upgrading so it might have something to do with the tower. Ill try somewhere else and see if i get the issue again
Iphonehelp56 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:50 PM   #6
iErick
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
AT&T is throttling data while on a call. Upload speeds are unusable while on a phone call :-/
iErick is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:01 PM   #7
Iphonehelp56
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by iErick View Post
AT&T is throttling data while on a call. Upload speeds are unusable while on a phone call :-/
Is this true? Can someone prove this?
Iphonehelp56 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC