Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 6, 2013, 01:44 PM   #51
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God
 
Shrink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmagicguy View Post
Yes, but the corrupt judicial branch wrote the law, so...
I'm interested in the systemic corruption in the judicial branch to which you refer.

Sources, please...
__________________
Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. -- Albert Einstein
Shrink is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2013, 02:13 PM   #52
Eraserhead
macrumors G4
 
Eraserhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by zync View Post
I said that. I think the Supreme Court found those incorrectly.
If the Supreme court came to a different conclusion from your conclusion (which I agree is sensible) then the wording is ambiguous isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zync View Post
17-45 covers all American males regardless of state.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zync View Post
or that it's only a militia right.
That is certainly ambiguous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zync View Post
Yes, but those restrictions were not legal.
They were certainly found to be legal by the supreme court at one point - and another amendment had to be passed to get rid of them for good.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
I'm interested in the systemic corruption in the judicial branch to which you refer.
I presume he's referring to the NSA's surveillance which is clearly unconstitutional as per the fourth amendment.
__________________
Actually it does make sense. Man created god, so if we exist, He exists. - obeygiant
Eraserhead is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2013, 06:34 PM   #53
zync
macrumors 68000
 
zync's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraserhead View Post
If the Supreme court came to a different conclusion from your conclusion (which I agree is sensible) then the wording is ambiguous isn't it?
They don't try cases simply on wording. Since they have the last word, they can really make whatever decision they'd like.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraserhead View Post
That is certainly ambiguous.
I disagree. They're independent clauses.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraserhead View Post
They were certainly found to be legal by the supreme court at one point - and another amendment had to be passed to get rid of them for good.
True. There was also a lot of ambiguity in how the laws existed and how they were applied in that time period, which was what I meant.
__________________
yellow dog party
zync is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:36 PM   #54
jimthing
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: London, UK
UK perspective, some parts of it may be of interest:

"BBC HardTalk: Sir Malcolm Rifkind MP - Chairman - Intelligence and Security Committee UK (15/10/13)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqkZN8dmflM

Rifkind makes some interesting points in relation to Snowden and press releases, along with some deeper perspective to global security issues in relation to the role of modern intelligence agencies.
__________________
MBP 17" 2.93GHz C2D/10.9.x Mav/8GB RAM/256GB SSD Mac Mini 2.6GHz i7 QC/10.9.x Mav/16GB RAM/256GB SSD T.Caps 5th gen/3TB ATV 3
iP6P 128GB/gold/8.x iPad Mini 2 128GB/grey/WiFi+4G/7.x

wiki:Apple
jimthing is offline   1 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple missing from huge coalition of tech companies for net neutrality hasanahmad Politics, Religion, Social Issues 5 May 10, 2014 03:06 PM
Government to Allow Apple to Disclose More Data on Surveillance Requests MacRumors Politics, Religion, Social Issues 27 Feb 5, 2014 02:55 PM
Apple and Other Tech Companies Call for Government Surveillance Reform MacRumors Politics, Religion, Social Issues 104 Dec 11, 2013 05:06 PM
Tim Cook and Other Tech Executives Meet with President Obama to Discuss Government Surveillance MacRumors Politics, Religion, Social Issues 177 Aug 19, 2013 11:04 AM
Apple to Team Up With Tech Companies to Ask for Greater NSA Transparency MacRumors Politics, Religion, Social Issues 105 Jul 19, 2013 08:37 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC