Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Oct 6, 2013, 01:44 PM   #51
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmagicguy View Post
Yes, but the corrupt judicial branch wrote the law, so...
I'm interested in the systemic corruption in the judicial branch to which you refer.

Sources, please...
Old Oct 6, 2013, 02:13 PM   #52
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zync View Post
I said that. I think the Supreme Court found those incorrectly.
If the Supreme court came to a different conclusion from your conclusion (which I agree is sensible) then the wording is ambiguous isn't it?

Quote:
17-45 covers all American males regardless of state.
Fair enough.

Quote:
or that it's only a militia right.
That is certainly ambiguous.

Quote:
Yes, but those restrictions were not legal.
They were certainly found to be legal by the supreme court at one point - and another amendment had to be passed to get rid of them for good.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
I'm interested in the systemic corruption in the judicial branch to which you refer.
I presume he's referring to the NSA's surveillance which is clearly unconstitutional as per the fourth amendment.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 06:34 PM   #53
zync
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraserhead View Post
If the Supreme court came to a different conclusion from your conclusion (which I agree is sensible) then the wording is ambiguous isn't it?
They don't try cases simply on wording. Since they have the last word, they can really make whatever decision they'd like.

Quote:
That is certainly ambiguous.
I disagree. They're independent clauses.

Quote:
They were certainly found to be legal by the supreme court at one point - and another amendment had to be passed to get rid of them for good.
True. There was also a lot of ambiguity in how the laws existed and how they were applied in that time period, which was what I meant.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:36 PM   #54
jimthing
macrumors 6502

UK perspective, some parts of it may be of interest:

"BBC HardTalk: Sir Malcolm Rifkind MP - Chairman - Intelligence and Security Committee UK (15/10/13)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqkZN8dmflM

Rifkind makes some interesting points in relation to Snowden and press releases, along with some deeper perspective to global security issues in relation to the role of modern intelligence agencies.

wiki:Apple
jimthing is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues