Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asting

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
I have these. They are pretty awesome, and very easy to install. It's nice because typically this is applied to a screen so a spec of dust or tiny air bubble is a huge annoyance but because it protects the body it doesn't matter that much. The product can hold a tiny more oil than the standard aluminum, but probably requires about the same cleaning. I know my laptop would be scratched to hell if I didn't have this on since day 1, so it was a solid investment. There are a few gouges on mine that I know would have left a pretty mark.

I bought mine off of amazon because it was a lot cheaper. The warranty is nice too. Mine are just now starting to get discolored, so I'll probably order a replacement set and pay the $3 shipping fee. It has a lifetime warranty so you can replace the damaged protectors any number of times (you have to send the old ones back).

They also add next to no bulk, which is nice and the laptop closes with no problem. Obviously this won't protect from drops, but even speck cases don't handle that too well.

EDIT: the one you linked to is the wrong model.
see here or here for the correct model for 2010-2012 airs.

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
Some of the clear skins are glossy, which I'm not a big fan of on the Air.

The Wrapsols are matte, and look good, but will yellow slightly over a long time - think 18-24 months. This is a good product.

I'm a big fan of icarbons.com - look at their "brushed aluminum" product for the Air - it provides protection, goes on without water, and looks very much like the standard Air.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.