Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ABR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2013
US
I have a 32 GB USB Verbatim flash drive. I can not access some files on drive. I have removed and backed up all files I can open. One folder is complete jibberish: `ŽæÆ šL4.'$í and the like for all the file names. When I attempt to open a file in that folder I receive the error message: "The operation can't be completed. An unexpected error occurred (error code -43) When I open other files that do work on this drive, I receive a message: "That the file is being modified by another user, Open as Read Only, or choose to Notify to be alerted when it is available." I can not change this drive or any of the files back to Read & Write. Anyone have any suggestions for data recovery. I have emailed WeRecoverData.com. Their price range is usually ranges between $250 and $1700. Are there less expensive options? Thank you!

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
When....

face the recovery task in a flash drive or a conventional HDD, I almost ever rely in TechTool Pro and Data Rescue. Worth their price in 90% of cases, in my experience

:):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.