Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickm327

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2012
I can confirm that http://meritline.com carries the 9.5mm bumpers. Just received mine in the post ($2.99 with free shipping) and its only problems are slightly misshaped rubber at the Lightning cutout and somewhat loose buttons.

tejaykay

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Edinburgh
I actually received one black-clear and one all-black bumpers from the link I asked Radiating about, for £2.99 shipped.

Hi xx01. Do you know UK seller that stocks the 9.5mm premium bumper? eBay is a jungle of poor quality vendors. Cheers

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK

Attachments

• lfcAVATAR.jpg
    lfcAVATAR.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 2,805

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
MIME Alias mimeusa.com. I have it on now and giving it a second try. I don't know if anything can get thinner unless its a skin.

jdeng123

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2013
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but is there now a reliable source for the high quality, thin, 9.5mm bumpers? I just applied a carbon fiber textured skin to my iPhone and would like a bumper to show it off. I also bought a Z Nitro Glass screen protector for my iPhone from Groupon which will arrive within the next week, so I also want a bumper that won't cause raising issues.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but is there now a reliable source for the high quality, thin, 9.5mm bumpers? I just applied a carbon fiber textured skin to my iPhone and would like a bumper to show it off. I also bought a Z Nitro Glass screen protector for my iPhone from Groupon which will arrive within the next week, so I also want a bumper that won't cause raising issues.

It's not a bumper, but I recently got the Caudabe Veil. I think they say it's about 0.35mm or something insanely thin. It basically keeps the form of the iPhone so I like it better than bumpers for that reason.

http://www.amazon.com/Caudabe-Frost-Premium-ULTRA-iPhone/dp/B00BTT7EK0

Mr Eddy

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2011
The best I could find out from the web has been the Pinlo BladEdge II. Unfortunately, the top power button is impossible to use with the soft rubber "button" they use to cover it. The same rubber material is used for the +/- volume buttons, but those works properly.
Since it is sent with 2 colors of those rubber buttons, it is removable. So all I could do was remove it, completely. Now the power button is harder to push since it's surrounded by the bumper.

And the material of the bumper itself is not really "bumpy". More like plastic in fact. I got the clear one.

I got the Pinlo Blade Edge II, I'm really liking it. talk about thin!

I'm also using ********** decals on the back.
jettrue > Is your Power "rubber" button working properly ?

Before this one, I tried a cheap bumper from ebay following a link shared in this topic. I got a bulky bumper, badly finished (some rumber part wasn't cut properly) For $3.99... I had what I paid for :)

And I also tried the Bump from BumpNZ. Another product I discovered on this topic. I took int in black. It is the thinnest "classic looking" bumper I could find. By this, I mean it has edges over the front and back side, the those won't touch the surface on which I may lay my iphone (the Pinlo BladeEdge for example don't have those edges)
I think they could have made it a little more thin.

I still have one bumper I am waiting for, the Power Support Flat Bumper. If his thinner than the BumpNZ, I may keep this one. Even if the Pinlo is thinner, the power button problem makes it feel "unfinished"...

A quick picture of the bumper I talked about (from left to right, Pinlo BladEdge, BumpNZ, cheap ebay bumper) :
img0001mrp.jpg

(sorry for the poor quality, did a quick snapshot)

medi.freak

macrumors regular
May 26, 2011
zenus_walnutt_bumper_trio_fuer_iphone_5_orange-green.jpg

Bought this one for 20$ from Walnutt. It is uhhhhmazing. Looks and feels nice and I like it much better than the original Apple bumpers for the iphone 4/4s. Check it out. They have different colors too =)

JustOneQuickONe

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2008

Bought this one for 20$ from Walnutt. It is uhhhhmazing. Looks and feels nice and I like it much better than the original Apple bumpers for the iphone 4/4s. Check it out. They have different colors too =)

Where did you find this? If I can find a color combo this might be the route I end up going. Do they have an official site with all the color options? I did some google searching and came up with nothing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.