Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samtmansha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Hey everybody.

I'm an IB HL Film Student at an international school in Mumbai, INDIA.

I have to make a 7 minute movie as a part of my assessment. I have an idea ready which is kind of mediocre. My project is individual and I'm directing. :eek:

I have developed an idea of threat in a cafe around it. I kind of don't feel strongly about the project. And sadly my school doesn't realize the fact that creative ideas take their own time! :(

I thought there might a better plot worth filming that what I had conceptualized. SO, Many of you who would like their ideas to be filmed please post your ideas here. :D

If you feel you ideas need to be discreet in the forum then please mail me at samt_manshaATyahoo.COM

Thanks.

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
When I was in school I also looked for some "open source scripts" website. I didn't find any, so I'd be interested in this as well...

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Hey everybody.

I'm an IB HL Film Student at an international school in Mumbai, INDIA.

I have to make a 7 minute movie as a part of my assessment. I have an idea ready which is kind of mediocre. My project is individual and I'm directing. :eek:

I have developed an idea of threat in a cafe around it. I kind of don't feel strongly about the project. And sadly my school doesn't realize the fact that creative ideas take their own time! :(

I thought there might a better plot worth filming that what I had conceptualized. SO, Many of you who would like their ideas to be filmed please post your ideas here. :D

If you feel you ideas need to be discreet in the forum then please mail me at ...

Thanks.

I don't have any ideas on hand right now- well, the ones that I have I need for my own assignments- but I can say that when I took IB film, our original idea was to direct a local band's music video. The band flaked out at the last minute, so, overnight, I found a short story, adapted it to script, and we shot the next day. I'm not sure if that would be allowed, as it's someone else's published work, but it's worth a go. We chose a story that was essentially based entirely inside one house, so that made filming easy. There were also three of us and there were only three parts, so that helped.

Also, I suggest editing your post and changing your email address, make it say AT instead of the at symbol and then put DOT COM. Spammers look for these kind of things.

Skuman

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2009
I've had this idea for a few years now. It'll never get off the ground, so I hereby release this idea to the world:

The name I chose was "Gender reassignment operation".

Take a dozen people, male and female, and ask them to talk to the camera, about their lives. Except the men are talking about things that the woman would normally say, and vice versa. Guys talk about the new necklace they've bought, fashion, their children and emotional stuff like the next door neighbour talking about their weight.

Women talk about their new xbox game, upgrading their computer, the hot gay couple upstairs who having running water all the time, and soccer.

Obviously script writing is probably the most important part of this.

samtmansha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Thanks Mr_Brightside_@ for the spam suggestion; changed it.

Well I'm still waiting; scripting is not a problem; just turning stones for some good thoughts...really appreciate it.

:D

matteusclement

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2008
victoria
disabilities

take a friend and challenge them with different disabilities and the challenges they face through the day.
Call it an appreciation for what you have.

I want to do this ever since I had my eyes tested and they put those awful drops in your eyes to force them to dilate. I was blind for four hours and I will never forget it for the rest of my life.

Wheel chair
Eye sight
Hearing
Crutches

Skuman

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2009
Pulp Fiction Lite (the 7 minute version). Take the best bits out of the film and stick them into yours. Each scene can't be longer than, say 15 seconds. Obviously, change the script, take out the f and n words.

samtmansha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Just an update:

My school has decent film camera; locations nearby bombay city can be explored and lighting crew will be hired.So a lot of resources are available and can be explored. ;)

Biggest downturn is the time limit (7 minutes including credits) and the deadline (December 2009). :eek:

I have Final Cut PRO...and a MACBOOK PRO ( I'm proud of it)

There are no restrictions about the characters. But as IB suggests; no profanity; no foul language; nudity etc blah blah blah.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
It's hard to make a suggestion, since you probably have an idea of the 'kind' of film you want to make already, and our ideas might not conform to that.

How about.. an aspiring, talented film student wants to make a movie, and is looking for inspiration; but is short on time. :) So he goes around asking his friends, and family, and neighbours for ideas. Except the problem is, each of them has fascinating stories about their own lives, in which each of them is the 'hero', and it's impossible to pick one without offending the others.

So in the end he chooses to make a film about himself, and the stories people tell him; and the impossibility of making a film with all those stories.

The film would be a (very light-hearted) mock-documentary of the film student having conversations with all these people, with every story they tell him being bigger (and more exaggerated) than the last.. and as it progresses you could flash from one conversation to the next to the next, to show just how impossible it would be to make a film from these diverse suggestions, and how frustrated that film student would be.. :p

montgomeryr

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2012
Slumdog

Perhaps you could make a satirical response to "SlumDog Millionare".
Maybe center it around one of those awful outdoor toilets.

jj48

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
UK
Perhaps you could make a satirical response to "SlumDog Millionare".
Maybe center it around one of those awful outdoor toilets.

I think you might have to make that one... seeing as how the deadline for this project was Dec 09.

Alkey

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2012
It's hard to make a suggestion, since you probably have an idea of the 'kind' of film you want to make already, and our ideas might not conform to that.

How about.. an aspiring, talented film student wants to make a movie, and is looking for inspiration; but is short on time. :) So he goes around asking his friends, and family, and neighbours for ideas. Except the problem is, each of them has fascinating stories about their own lives, in which each of them is the 'hero', and it's impossible to pick one without offending the others.

So in the end he chooses to make a film about himself, and the stories people tell him; and the impossibility of making a film with all those stories.

The film would be a (very light-hearted) mock-documentary of the film student having conversations with all these people, with every story they tell him being bigger (and more exaggerated) than the last.. and as it progresses you could flash from one conversation to the next to the next, to show just how impossible it would be to make a film from these diverse suggestions, and how frustrated that film student would be.. :p

hey can i use that idea in a short film i am making- it is not the exact thing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.