Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asdf212

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
I recently tried to JB my iPHone 5, and it was stopped halfway, in the meantime, it screwed up my time zone and everything, so I disabled automatic timing. However, that caused iMessage to get disabled apparently.

Im wondering if theres any way to recover the lost iMessages. I've had to reset the phone entirely in order to fix the glitch.

However, i have been getting messages from friends and business contacts saying that they have not heard any response from me from anything.

As my entire life is on my phone, I am potentially missing crucial messages and important information as I apparently was not receiving textx properly.

Is there any fix tot his?

I cant start contacting people asking if there was anything they wanted to tell me. There are probably 50 people I will text for work and school or social related stuff within a given week. If anyone can help me with this I would SINCERELY appreciate it.
THanks!

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Have you tried restoring your iPhone from iTunes backup? When I set up my iPhone 5 back in September all of my old text messages transferred to the new iPhone. This is assuming that your JB didn't take and you are unbroken presently.

You might want to turn OFF iMessage and reset your iPhone (hold down Power & Home simultaneously, letting both go when you see the apple on the black screen.) Then turn iMessage ON again.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Restore from iTunes backup as mentioned.

The JB software makers noted that people should backup before attempting jb.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I recently tried to JB my iPHone 5, and it was stopped halfway, in the meantime, it screwed up my time zone and everything, so I disabled automatic timing. However, that caused iMessage to get disabled apparently.

Im wondering if theres any way to recover the lost iMessages. I've had to reset the phone entirely in order to fix the glitch.

However, i have been getting messages from friends and business contacts saying that they have not heard any response from me from anything.

As my entire life is on my phone, I am potentially missing crucial messages and important information as I apparently was not receiving textx properly.

Is there any fix tot his?

I cant start contacting people asking if there was anything they wanted to tell me. There are probably 50 people I will text for work and school or social related stuff within a given week. If anyone can help me with this I would SINCERELY appreciate it.
THanks!
Not to lecture you or anything, but as a word of caution to other readers - think very, very long and hard about jailbreaking a mission-critical device. If your whole life is on the phone, think twice about hacking it in such a way that can damage your data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.