Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shehzad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2012
Hi everyone!

Can anyone guide me to roll back my original OS X Lion, because my cousin tried to install a torrent copy of OS X Mountain Lion and now I cannot use my MacBook Pro at all...every time I start my MacBook Pro it takes me to the installation page and stopped after 2 minutes..

Need your expert help Please..

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
OS X does not have DRM, so I doubt it has to do with a torrent'ed copy. The install must have gone wrong.

What you can do is backup your data (home folder, etc) and then reinstall Mountain Lion from scratch.

Shehzad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2012
OS X does not have DRM, so I doubt it has to do with a torrent'ed copy. The install must have gone wrong.

What you can do is backup your data (home folder, etc) and then reinstall Mountain Lion from scratch.

Dave.... I wish I could see the home screen once. Now problem is that, System couldn't able to reach to the home.

Tell me what should I do with the MacBook Pro to reach the my desktop screen. I was happy with the OS X Lion..

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
Dave.... I wish I could see the home screen once. Now problem is that, System couldn't able to reach to the home.

Tell me what should I do with the MacBook Pro to reach the my desktop screen. I was happy with the OS X Lion..

Might have to reinstall OS X.

Hold Option during bootup and choose Recovery when you see the list. From there, choose Reinstall.

Report back.

Mountain Lion is far better than Lion and going back doesn't make sense. Also ML is only $20, which is not much money. If you can afford a MBP you can afford $20

Shehzad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2012
Might have to reinstall OS X.

Hold Option during bootup and choose Recovery when you see the list. From there, choose Reinstall.

Report back.

Mountain Lion is far better than Lion and going back doesn't make sense. Also ML is only $20, which is not much money. If you can afford a MBP you can afford $20

Dave:::: Can I download the ML from Internet without using Apple App Store?

I tried the way you suggested but its says:::: the disk is locked...
Can you please tell me how to unlock the disk??

Last edited:

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Dave:::: Can I download the ML from Internet without using Apple App Store?

I tried the way you suggested but its says:::: the disk is locked...
Can you please tell me how to unlock the disk??

downloading via internet without going to app store is piracy and you get no help with that here.

there are ways to deal with locked disks...a search will find it.

Shehzad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2012
downloading via internet without going to app store is piracy and you get no help with that here.

there are ways to deal with locked disks...a search will find it.

Wiz::: when installation shows error then " OS X utilities " shows and I guess I can download from Internet in that way...but after accepting the agreement, it shows " this disk is locked" now this is the problem " how I can unlock the disk" keep in mind that I cannot download any other software...because I have an installation problem.

Suggests me any solution that can save my data and I can either roll back to Lion or can install Mountain Lion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.