Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strongs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
I'm new to apple computers I've always had a PC but have been thinking about getting a mac for the last 6 months.

I've just been offered a 27" iMac for £850GBP inc delivery is that a good price?

Specs:
OSX 10.7
27"
2.70 GHz i5
1tb HDD
4GB Memory
Mint condition but does not come in it's original box and no warranty

The specs more than fulfill my requirements but I just can't decide whether to go for it or wait for the new imac!?

MacMiguel

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
i'm new to apple computers i've always had a pc but have been thinking about getting a mac for the last 6 months.

I've just been offered a 27" imac for £850gbp inc delivery is that a good price?

specs:
Osx 10.7
27"
2.70 ghz i5
1tb hdd
4gb memory
mint condition but does not come in it's original box and no warranty

the specs more than fulfill my requirements but i just can't decide whether to go for it or wait for the new imac!?

Don't buy it

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Not a good deal, I'd steer clear...I've seen higher spec. iMacs go for the same kind of money....Newer models too. Look for a better spec. around the £950 mark and with Apple Care included...If you desperately want the 27" It will come at a slightly higher price tag, but the 21.5 is still a very useable screen.

strongs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
Not a good deal, I'd steer clear...I've seen higher spec. iMacs go for the same kind of money....Newer models too. Look for a better spec. around the £950 mark and with Apple Care included...If you desperately want the 27" It will come at a slightly higher price tag, but the 21.5 is still a very useable screen.

Soyou've seen higher spec 27" macs go for less?:confused:

Is that not a new model? he said he got it in 2011 (forgive me I'm a n00b)

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Soyou've seen higher spec 27" macs go for less?:confused:

Is that not a new model? he said he got it in 2011 (forgive me I'm a n00b)

There was a deal on the market place board here ( you won't have access to it until you've posted some more) with a 27" 2011 with AC, a faster CPU for £950 UK. It sold quickly, but I think you'd be better off waiting for a better offering...You certainly want the AC.

strongs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
There was a deal on the market place board here ( you won't have access to it until you've posted some more) with a 27" 2011 with AC, a faster CPU for £950 UK. It sold quickly, but I think you'd be better off waiting for a better offering...You certainly want the AC.

What is AC?

EDIT Ahhh applecare

strongs

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
:) Sorry, I should have said, yes Applecare is a very useful item to have when buying a secondhand iMac, or any Apple device come to that...It does increase the value, but you know you can get your new purchase fixed if required.

I'll double check on the warranty I've got to admit I would prefer it to come with one.

£850 seemed like a good price to me as I've seen the same spec on average go for £950+ on eBay.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
I'll double check on the warranty I've got to admit I would prefer it to come with one.

£850 seemed like a good price to me as I've seen the same spec on average go for £950+ on eBay.

They cost $1359 refurbished in the US before sales tax directly through Apple with a year warranty. This will probably drop a bit more once the ivy bridge models hit. Here is the model you mentioned. Ignore their pricing estimates. They're never correct, but it does give you the full spec list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.