Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
I've been having difficulty syncing via iTunes WiFi Sync for some time. It's something I would like to solve as I have 3 iPhones and 2 iPads in my household, some with the 30-pin and some with the Lightning connector. So having to continually attach via cable is not convenient (not horribly inconvenient, but I'd prefer to have WiFi Sync work as advertised!).

I have read many posts suggesting a wide variety of solutions, from rebooting the computer to restarting the router to resetting the iOS device's network settings to manually initiating the sync to keeping the device on the charger, etc. I've tried all of those things.

The only "solution" is to close and relaunch iTunes. This generally fixes the problem, but only temporarily. And once it is back working, there doesn't seem to be a pattern to when it stops working.

Based on my "conclusion" that the "only fix" is to relaunch iTunes, is there anything that the iTunes close/open procedure might be doing that could lead me to a permanent fix?

All of my software is up to date. My iTunes library is on an iMac, and I am using Home Sharing with my AppleTVs if that matters at all.

Thanks in advance, John

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.