Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 17, 2013, 12:45 PM   #1276
clibinarius
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twimfy View Post
Unlike the majority on these boards, I have a sense of humour. I couldn't really care less what phone people use. My preference is Apple but I don't berate people for using Samsung or whatever.

Just getting a bit fed up of people crying themselves to sleep because Apple haven't made a larger screen. No amount of whining on a 3rd party message board is going to fix that.
Apple's lack of a larger screen is probably the single reason Android has so much market share and growth. You might not like larger screens, but...it isn't crying myself to sleep at all. I'll buy a non-Apple phone if I have to (Lumia). But as someone heavily invested for years in the Apple ecosystem, this is highly annoying that Apple is releasing inferior products (if you don't want the size, it is inferior, if you do, it is superior) to protect margins on what is essentially a commoditizing market.
clibinarius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2013, 01:10 PM   #1277
Todd B.
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by clibinarius View Post
Apple's lack of a larger screen is probably the single reason Android has so much market share and growth. You might not like larger screens, but...it isn't crying myself to sleep at all. I'll buy a non-Apple phone if I have to (Lumia). But as someone heavily invested for years in the Apple ecosystem, this is highly annoying that Apple is releasing inferior products (if you don't want the size, it is inferior, if you do, it is superior) to protect margins on what is essentially a commoditizing market.
Android has market share because they make cheap phones to people that don't care about Android or iPhone.

Period.
Todd B. is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2013, 01:11 PM   #1278
samcraig
macrumors G5
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd B. View Post
Android has market share because they make cheap phones to people that don't care about Android or iPhone.

Period.
Not really. But you can continue to hate on Android as much as you want. That's your prerogative.
samcraig is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 08:46 AM   #1279
4mat
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
LMAO, so many anti-apple people here. Just laughable. So funny how they are quick to defend Microsoft in regards to the Get a Mac ads. At least those ads were comparative ads. Apple talked about features of the Mac that would benefit a customer. They weren't saying dumb crap like, "Give the customers the Finger".
This isn't Twilight, we don't have to be team Apple or team or team Microsoft. My iPad and Surface seem to get on just fine in my laptop bag. Even the Blackberry in my pocket plays nice.
4mat is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 09:24 AM   #1280
MRSucks
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
MS stores should start selling Apple products (they really want to be Apple anyway) as well so people will finally get in and check their stuffs.
MRSucks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 09:44 AM   #1281
HenryDJP
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mat View Post
This isn't Twilight, we don't have to be team Apple or team or team Microsoft. My iPad and Surface seem to get on just fine in my laptop bag. Even the Blackberry in my pocket plays nice.
And why do you have both an iPad and a Surface? And in terms of "Team Microsoft", I have to say this isn't the place for it. This is still an Apple Enthusiasts site. Just think about how warm of a welcome Apple fans would get visiting a Microsoft Enthusiasts site and celebrating their iPad and iPhone there and posting reasons why an iPad or iPhone is a better choice of product, just think about that.
HenryDJP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:06 AM   #1282
samcraig
macrumors G5
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
And why do you have both an iPad and a Surface? And in terms of "Team Microsoft", I have to say this isn't the place for it. This is still an Apple Enthusiasts site. Just think about how warm of a welcome Apple fans would get visiting a Microsoft Enthusiasts site and celebrating their iPad and iPhone there and posting reasons why an iPad or iPhone is a better choice of product, just think about that.
You really should stop caring less about what other people use or talk about. No one is stopping you from having your opinion or using what you like. Clearly that doesn't seem to be "enough" for you.
samcraig is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:03 PM   #1283
kaielement
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd B. View Post
Android has market share because they make cheap phones to people that don't care about Android or iPhone.

Period.
I sell cell phones for a living and here this all the time.
__________________
2012 11" MacBook Air, 2007 White MacBook, 16gb iPhone 5, 16gb iPhone 5s, 32gb iPad Air, 160gb iPod Classic, 8gb 6th Gen Nano, 20gb 2nd Gen iPod, 40gb 3rd Gen iPod
kaielement is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 01:32 PM   #1284
spinedoc77
macrumors 68040
 
spinedoc77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
And why do you have both an iPad and a Surface? And in terms of "Team Microsoft", I have to say this isn't the place for it. This is still an Apple Enthusiasts site. Just think about how warm of a welcome Apple fans would get visiting a Microsoft Enthusiasts site and celebrating their iPad and iPhone there and posting reasons why an iPad or iPhone is a better choice of product, just think about that.
Why does it have to be that way? Why does a Microsoft fan have to feel they are not welcome on an Apple website? When did things become so incredibly sad that like minded technophiles cannot discuss different technology companies and their approaches to devices? People should not feel threatened by discussion of why users believe their device is better for them, it's stimulating discussion in an open forum.

I swear, this has to be one of the saddest things I've ever read on this forum.
__________________
What would the world be like if laptops were released with iOS?
spinedoc77 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:07 PM   #1285
BarryL
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it.
BarryL is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2013, 08:23 AM   #1286
Sue De Nimes
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
What a ridiculous statement. Jobs was the CEO, he did WTF he wanted. It wasn't Apple forcing him on stage and they didn't have the say whether or not he could or could not do keynotes unless he was 100% incapable. Please stop the hating here. You're getting tiresome.
Hating? What a completely moronic statement.

Job as CEO was the face of Apple. As long as he was doing the job he was open to praise or criticism. As long as people are not making fun of his illness than anything else is open season.

Seriously the canonisation of Job by some people is just bonkers. The whole idea of "Apple fans" is bonkers.

I am an Apple customer. I have an iMac, an iPad and an iPhone. I buy stuff from companies based on whether it meets my needs or not. I don't take vicarious offence if someone offends "my team". Some people need to get a life.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinedoc77 View Post
Why does it have to be that way? Why does a Microsoft fan have to feel they are not welcome on an Apple website? When did things become so incredibly sad that like minded technophiles cannot discuss different technology companies and their approaches to devices? People should not feel threatened by discussion of why users believe their device is better for them, it's stimulating discussion in an open forum.

I swear, this has to be one of the saddest things I've ever read on this forum.
Unfortunately plenty of people hold similar views.
__________________
2011 27" 3.4Ghz i7 iMac, 16GB RAM, 2TB HD, 2GB 6970m
Sue De Nimes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 07:32 AM   #1287
Geckotek
macrumors G3
 
Geckotek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
And why do you have both an iPad and a Surface? And in terms of "Team Microsoft", I have to say this isn't the place for it. This is still an Apple Enthusiasts site. Just think about how warm of a welcome Apple fans would get visiting a Microsoft Enthusiasts site and celebrating their iPad and iPhone there and posting reasons why an iPad or iPhone is a better choice of product, just think about that.
I have both a Surface and an iPad. And I have good reasons why I ended up with both. Why would any of us need to justify that to you? Or should we ask you why you don't have both?
__________________
Gecko Art | Facebook | flickr
Geckotek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:47 PM   #1288
HenryDJP
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckotek View Post
I have both a Surface and an iPad. And I have good reasons why I ended up with both. Why would any of us need to justify that to you? Or should we ask you why you don't have both?
Take your arrogance elsewhere. Your response was just as good as not responding and that's what you should've done Mr. Defensive.
HenryDJP is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:56 PM   #1289
Geckotek
macrumors G3
 
Geckotek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
Take your arrogance elsewhere. Your response was just as good as not responding and that's what you should've done Mr. Defensive.
LOL, feathers ruffled? My arrogance is just fine where it is thanks. It's sitting nicely between my iPad and my Surface Pro.
__________________
Gecko Art | Facebook | flickr
Geckotek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2013, 01:11 PM   #1290
quickmac
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarPower View Post
Hah. You must be trolling.
Not trolling. As someone that has had first hand in person experience with iphones from the 3gs onwards, the first Android device onwards, and the Windows 7 and 8 devices I can say with confidence that iOS is behind with the times.
quickmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2013, 08:54 PM   #1291
Arfdog
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
Please read this post because I'm not going to argue anymore with anyone that just says someone is wrong without backing up the statement. But while we're in this party, you're quite wrong. Read this. At least myself and this member posted information as opposed to you and the other member who just want to spout out words without information to back it up. Also I love how you bashed my post and not this one. Also it might do you good to quote the correct post from me that makes your reply make sense because it doesn't.
I don't think you know how gratitude works. If MS owed Apple this money, if Apple was entitled to it, what purpose does it serve for Steve Jobs to thank Bill for it publicly? He should have said, "about time" if he was awaiting his dues.

Instead, he thanked Bill. This means Bill did not owe Apple anything. MS did not have to give Apple a dime. No one said this money saved Apple, but it helped and was a vote of confidence in Jobs from his ally Bill.

Those "quotes" from articles are interpretations... not 10K filings. How do opinions qualify as "proof"?
Arfdog is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2013, 09:15 PM   #1292
Pompiliu
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by clibinarius View Post
Apple's lack of a larger screen is probably the single reason Android has so much market share and growth.
facepalm.jpg

SO that's why people get free android phones made out of plastic with 2-year old OS? It's not because most of android users are poor and can't afford an iPhone?
Jesus!!
Pompiliu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:40 PM   #1293
Geckotek
macrumors G3
 
Geckotek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kildjean View Post
What really happened:
Nice.

BTW, love your location....grew up in Colleyville myself and spent a lot of time in "Useless".

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessamoid View Post
Make fun of the dead guy who was emaciated with cancer. Yeah. Good move, MSFT. What moron ok'd this campaign?
A) I don't believe it was intended to look like an emaciated SJ. I thought it looked like Tim from behind.
B) In what way did they make fun of him? They seemed to be making fun of the product team.

Edit: The Verge seems to agree. Nobody would be so heartless as to depict a sickly Steve Jobs. And if one idiot did, someone somewhere in Microsoft or the agency involved would have the wisdom to stop them. Everyone that thinks they were really trying to depict a sick SJ is just looking for a reason to pick on these videos.
__________________
Gecko Art | Facebook | flickr

Last edited by Geckotek; Sep 23, 2013 at 10:45 PM.
Geckotek is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:51 PM   #1294
clibinarius
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompiliu View Post
facepalm.jpg

SO that's why people get free android phones made out of plastic with 2-year old OS? It's not because most of android users are poor and can't afford an iPhone?
Jesus!!
You mean all those people who buy Galaxies are poor? Wow...
clibinarius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2013, 07:43 AM   #1295
samcraig
macrumors G5
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pompiliu View Post
facepalm.jpg

SO that's why people get free android phones made out of plastic with 2-year old OS? It's not because most of android users are poor and can't afford an iPhone?
Jesus!!
Sorry - but this post is just ridiculous.
samcraig is online now   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft Releases Fourth Anti-iPad Ad Highlighting Windows 8 Multitasking Capabilities MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 453 Jul 16, 2013 07:01 PM
Microsoft Commercial Pits Apple Against Samsung to Tout Windows Phone MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 149 May 2, 2013 08:55 AM
Thank God Apple supports their iPhone, Microsoft abandons Windows Phone users aneftp Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 119 Aug 16, 2012 07:46 PM
Microsoft screws its entire Windows Phone user base with no-update-for-you plan neiltc13 Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 3 Jun 22, 2012 02:28 PM
Apple Posts WWDC 2012 Session Videos for Developers MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 30 Jun 20, 2012 06:31 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC