Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Sep 21, 2013, 05:14 PM   #376
zipa
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT1440 View Post
Gamers? 5X faster loading times for infinity blade 3.
Sure. It's just that 99,9 % of iphone buyers play angry birds, clash of clans and farmville, and I'm not entirely sure how much better their experience will be with the new 64-bit processor. Especially when you factor in that Apple must provide a compatibility layer for 32-bit apps for years to come, so unless you got some "Apple special developer dude" bonus check, there isn't much incentive to migrate your app to 64-bit.

The sixty-fourth time's the charm: the benefits of Apple moving to a 64-bit architecture on iPhone was... *drumroll*

SLIM TO NONE!

Edit: I'll reiterate this as well: it was basically useless, but it was mandatory.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 10:01 PM   #377
MTR77
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
Why is 64 bit useless? Anandtech is saying that the 64 bit in the 5s does give it a slight performance boost due to 64 bit. Switching to 64 bit gives it a slight performance boost
why do u need perf boost. i never had any perf issues with iphones.
MTR77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2013, 01:06 AM   #378
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTR77 View Post
why do u need perf boost. i never had any perf issues with iphones.
My comment goes out to those who say "oh 64-bit processor is just a market gimmick by Apple and 64 bit doesnt offer any advantages right now"

They are completly wrong
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2013, 05:55 PM   #379
shaunp
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgregory1 View Post
Really? Either you have a significantly overinflated self worth, thinking the government even cares to have your fingerprint, or you are needing to hide from the government because you have done something wrong or are planning to in the near future.

What exactly, other than in cases where you are arrested or work in the military or government security detail, are fingerprints used to "track" you?

Fingerprints should only be part if what you worry about. Writing to forums online and using any cell phone offers someone the ability to track you. Driving a car, having a library card, credit card, going to a bank, shopping. You might want to consider moving to northern Idaho, cutting yourself off from all outside contact, including the use of the electrical grid, and start preparing for the end of the world.
Nope, I'm just realistic. Fingerprint scanners are a bad idea. You'll wake up one day and think 'did I really agree to this'
shaunp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion