Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roy43

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2009
Would like to know the drive info on your old and new replacement. Had mine done at an authorized agent. The new one looks like an older one than the new one. What about yours?

The old: ST31000528ASQ
Revision: AP24 SN: 6VP1X5YA

The new: ST31000528AS
Revision: AP2E SN: 5VPD2MDR

Seems to work Ok. Wish I knew how to find out how many hours on the new one, but SMART dont tell you on MAC.

hockeyamd

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2006
I got my iMac back from a premium authorized repair center and I noticed several scratches on what looks to be my screen and not the glass. The glass seems smooth. I am so upset. The question now is do I take it to the local apple store or back to the store that did that. I never travel with the iMac without its original box or white cover.

maximumsportz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2008
I got my iMac back from a premium authorized repair center and I noticed several scratches on what looks to be my screen and not the glass. The glass seems smooth. I am so upset. The question now is do I take it to the local apple store or back to the store that did that. I never travel with the iMac without its original box or white cover.

I just got mine back from my local Apple store which is in a busy mall. Everything went perfect machine is super fast and super quiet like new. I just carried my iMac in the mall like a baby lol... Got some weird looks probably PC users but thats how you do it.

ShirleyB

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Mine only took two days to complete. The man at the Genius Bar said it could take from 3 hours to all day to download from my back up. It actually only took 2 hours. That may be because I have only used 74GB of the 1TB available!! It's been a week now since i had it back and everything seemed to be ok. That is until I tried to use the printer for scanning some photo's onto iphoto. Keeps coming up with 'error' on the printer display. Able to print documents from the iMac alright but refuses to work in the other direction. The OS they put back was the same as before so can't be that. Have also tried printer uninstall/ install. No difference. HELP----P

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.