Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Propellerhead Software's Figure, released earlier this year for iPhone, has been updated with a new iPad version and iPhone 5 support. The app aims to let amateur musicians create their own beats through powerful but easy-to-use multitouch controls.

NewImage39.png
Truly designed for mobile user on the go, Figure gives you drums, bass and lead synth, controlled by an incredibly easy to use touch interface that gets you sounding great literally in seconds. Slide your finger across the play pad and hear your bass line play. Tweak the Rhythm, Range and Scale Step wheels to get the result you're after. Programming drumbeats is just as easy. Set the rhythm and play the drums with your fingers. You won't want to stop. You won't believe how amazing you and your phone can sound.

If you are new to music making, getting started making great sounding tracks has never been this easy -- and sounded so great!

If you are a seasoned musician - music creation has never been this fun!
Figure is a universal app for iPad and iPhone, available for $0.99 on the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Propellerhead Software's 'Figure' Makes the Jump to iPad

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
Will there come a point where people get excited about "makin' melodies" after they get over "makin' beats"? I know, the only function of music these days is booping up and down in clubs..

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
Just grabbed it. Nice little app for killing some time and making quick, entertaining music. Less feature filled than GarageBand but also much quicker to throw something together.

JGRE

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
Dutch Mountains
Will there come a point where people get excited about "makin' melodies" after they get over "makin' beats"? I know, the only function of music these days is booping up and down in clubs..

Well I guess melody something of the past.........for oldies like you and me.

mochatins

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2012
Look, I may have Figure on my iPad, but I put on my pants like the rest of you--one leg at a time. It's just that when my pants on, I make gold records.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area

No. Also no to harmonies.

Requires too much actual musical knowledge & talent.

Stupid Monkey can beat on logs though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.