Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tuckrat

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2008
New Hampshire, USA
I think it means grouped app icons will show as a stack on IOS devices (heck, maybe even OS X). Tap the stack, and the stacked icons will expand to show the underlying icons which make up the group. Sort of like Photos on the iPad. An album is represented by a stack of pictures. When you tap the stack, the icons expand outward from the stack, allowing you to choose a particular photo from the album for viewing. Pinch the expanded photos, and they collapse back into the stack. Maybe they are doing the same with groups of apps. This would also potentially allow more apps to be in a group if they make the expanded icons scrollable.

You saw it here first, folks! :D

asproat

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2013
Are You Kidding Me?!?!?!?

Sold out in 3 minutes. I couldn't even get my credit card information added fast enough.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
The artwork looks like the iOS icons but in multiple colors...so...

Now iPad and iPhone will come in new colors? Finally a blue iPhone!

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
The more time that goes by, the more I agree with John Gruber on last week's podcast that the whole watch thing could be a head fake to keep the competition off of the trail.

There just doesn't seem to be enough significant evidence at this point that they are really working on a watch. Given the fact that Cook was very adamant about TV being "an area of extreme interest" in the NBC interview, I think they are having everyone look left while they sneak around the right with something else.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
The more time that goes by, the more I agree with John Gruber on last week's podcast that the whole watch thing could be a head fake to keep the competition off of the trail.

There just doesn't seem to be enough significant evidence at this point that they are really working on a watch. Given the fact that Cook was very adamant about TV being "an area of extreme interest" in the NBC interview, I think they are having everyone look left while they sneak around the right with something else.

Furthermore, why would you want a watch if you already have the more capable iPhone on you?

----------

I would like to see iOS like icons on my OS X iMac...

Misky

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2013
My first thoughts when seeing the logo was:

"It's a watch" Perhaps the new Iphone, strapped on to your arm.

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
Looking forward to (hopefully):
Macbook Airs with Retina
iWatch

That is all.

----------

Furthermore, why would you want a watch if you already have the more capable iPhone on you?

Displays Text MSGs. E-mails. Skip music. Album Artwork. Twitter. Facebook etc.

Seriously? It's not meant to replace the iPhone. :rolleyes:

----------

Considering this is a developers conference, anyone expecting the 'Apple TV', iWatch or a new iPhone to be announced is living in Cloud 9. It's entirely possible that the MacBooks will be updated, but they will likely have silent upgrades on the website rather than a stage announcement.

The talk will all be about iOS and OS X - if one is going to undergo dramatic changes, then the other will need to follow suit.

Macbook Airs were announced at last years WWDC.

Nimrad

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Can someone shed light on the benefits of going if everything is thrown up online anyway?

Why get outside for anything when you can youtube most things? Why watch a play, when you can have it recorded and watch it at home?

Apart from the obvious answer, this is a conference, not a keynote. And it's a conference for developers. Thousands(?) of developers get together, can exchange thoughts, knowledge, networking etc etc. And they get to meet Apple engineers with all that comes with. Great tips, opportunity to share ideas.

You can just think about the possibilities!

JayJayAbels

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2012
It's 100%... without a doubt... referencing an iWatch.

How anyone else sees something different is beyond me.

People in this thread are missing a fundamental point. Why didn't they just use "WWDC 2013"?

WHY did they choose Roman numerals specifically?

It's easy. A quick look over at Wikipedia will show you just how important Roman numerals have been to clocks all throughout history.

They could've just used 2013. They didn't. That was done purposely and I came into this thread excited at how everyone would finally realize it was all about an iWatch. Instead there's like 4 people in this entire thread who saw what I did.

As far as the multiple colors go... I think it's also a nod to a variety of iWatch colors.

The different shape? A possible face for the iWatch. Clean and colorful.

The only thing I'm not sure of is WHY the colors are transparent. Maybe that was the only way they could show off the palette in a simple fashion?

Or maybe the face on the iWatch will have the ability to change colors?

Last year I was almost screaming the same exact sentiment. The 2012 WWDC logo absolutely referenced the Retina display. All of those colorful "squares" were popping off the logo in an attempt to convey the importance of pixels.

Make NO doubt about it... this is the year of the iWatch. And it will be announced at WWDC "MMXIII".

This is the new iPhone. Believe the hype.

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
???

o·paque [oh-peyk] Show IPA adjective, noun, verb, o·paqued, o·paqu·ing.
adjective
1. not transparent or translucent; impenetrable to light; not allowing light to pass through.

I guess your post was a joke? :confused:
Ha, my bad -- mixing up opaque and transparent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.