Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 24, 2013, 07:28 PM   #51
MrWillie
macrumors 65816
 
MrWillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Down south junkin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
Wb the pedophiles who have never molested a child? There’s actually quite a lot who only fantasize, but never act on their fantisies... What’s wrong with them wanking over pixie porn?
How do you know they haven't ? Besides, the article states this guy is a convicted child molester. Does he really need to be doing that, and should he really be walking the streets ?

And yes, it is creepy. The statutes in art museums are adults, and could be considered something to be appreciated and pleasing to the eye. But childlike pixie porn ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
Great idea, but I expect we won't be doing that in the immediate future.
It's a shame. The world would be a better place without pedophiles, child molesters, and some liberals.
__________________
Life's too short to deal with HP tech support. But I am considering a color laser e-printer.
MrWillie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 07:46 PM   #52
mrsir2009
macrumors 604
 
mrsir2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillie View Post
How do you know they haven't ?
How do you know they have? See, the thing is, is that the vast majority of the public don't know about the pedophiles who never act, because they've never acted. I know of a couple of people in the community who are pedophiles that have never acted, only fantasised, and they're not always people you'd expect - They could be anyone. But since they're not hurting anyone by fantasising about kids and jacking off to pixie porn, who cares?

Quote:
Besides, the article states this guy is a convicted child molester. Does he really need to be doing that, and should he really be walking the streets ?
Yeah, well, the guy in this article probably shouldn't be out of jail anyway... However that's got nothing to do with the general issue of hentai aimed at pedophiles.

Quote:
And yes, it is creepy.
Which is a valid reason to outlaw something... How?
mrsir2009 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 08:08 PM   #53
MrWillie
macrumors 65816
 
MrWillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Down south junkin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
How do you know they have? See, the thing is, is that the vast majority of the public don't know about the pedophiles who never act, because they've never acted. I know of a couple of people in the community who are pedophiles that have never acted, only fantasised, and they're not always people you'd expect - They could be anyone. But since they're not hurting anyone by fantasising about kids and jacking off to pixie porn, who cares?

Yeah, well, the guy in this article probably shouldn't be out of jail anyway... However that's got nothing to do with the general issue of hentai aimed at pedophiles.
Well yes, some of the stuff that goes on deep in people's mind or in private can be surprising. I understand that some people that participate on this forum, or maybe even in this thread, could be a pedophile. And I understand that a pedophile fantizies and a molester acts out. (I also feel that the pedofile needs serious help, but once you cross the line, that's it). However, this thread is about a molester that gets out of prison, and then get busted with porn videos that show child like humanoids. (Pixies) He is then tossed back in jail (only for 90 days unfortunately). That's what I have a problem with. I have also tried to find out the number of molesters that are repeat offenders, but the statistics are in question.

But seriously, how heathy is it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
Which is a valid reason to outlaw something... How?
I never stated that. I did state that I feel it's creepy and doesn't have artistic purpose.
__________________
Life's too short to deal with HP tech support. But I am considering a color laser e-printer.

Last edited by MrWillie; Apr 24, 2013 at 08:23 PM.
MrWillie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 09:05 PM   #54
mrsir2009
macrumors 604
 
mrsir2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillie View Post
Well yes, some of the stuff that goes on deep in people's mind or in private can be surprising. I understand that some people that participate on this forum, or maybe even in this thread, could be a pedophile. And I understand that a pedophile fantizies and a molester acts out. (I also feel that the pedofile needs serious help, but once you cross the line, that's it). However, this thread is about a molester that gets out of prison, and then get busted with porn videos that show child like humanoids. (Pixies) He is then tossed back in jail (only for 90 days unfortunately). That's what I have a problem with. I have also tried to find out the number of molesters that are repeat offenders, but the statistics are in question.

But seriously, how heathy is it ?
Of course watching that sorta stuff isn't healthy, no question about that... But the law shouldn't step in and prosecute people because they have unhealthy fantasises. The law's there to protect people, and since there's no evidence to suggest that watching pixie-porn contributes to child abuse, watching it shouldn't be a crime. And in the case of the guy in the article - He would've watched pixie-porn BECAUSE he's a pedophile. If pixie-porn didn't exist, then I seriously doubt he wouldn't have committed that offense that he was previously done for.
mrsir2009 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2013, 09:59 PM   #55
MrWillie
macrumors 65816
 
MrWillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Down south junkin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
Of course watching that sorta stuff isn't healthy, no question about that... But the law shouldn't step in and prosecute people because they have unhealthy fantasises. The law's there to protect people, and since there's no evidence to suggest that watching pixie-porn contributes to child abuse, watching it shouldn't be a crime. And in the case of the guy in the article - He would've watched pixie-porn BECAUSE he's a pedophile. If pixie-porn didn't exist, then I seriously doubt he wouldn't have committed that offense that he was previously done for.
I'll buy that, but that's not my arguement. You keep referring to him as a pedophile, when by definition he is actually a child molester. There lies my problem. The dude sexually assaults, rapes, molests, or whatever term is preferred, goes to jail, gets out (I have a problem with that too), and then feeds on pixie-porn. Not good, belongs in jail. Now someone is sitting at home minding their own business (maybe its you) and decides to relieve a little stress by watching pixie porn and wacking off (I prefer stifler's mom dot com), and the police show up. Well that's a different story, provided you're not a convicted child molester.

Remember a convected child molester has already proven that he or she is not in control of their fantasies. If you let them out of jail, why allow them to feed.
__________________
Life's too short to deal with HP tech support. But I am considering a color laser e-printer.
MrWillie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 03:40 AM   #56
mrsir2009
macrumors 604
 
mrsir2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillie View Post
I'll buy that, but that's not my arguement. You keep referring to him as a pedophile, when by definition he is actually a child molester. There lies my problem. The dude sexually assaults, rapes, molests, or whatever term is preferred, goes to jail, gets out (I have a problem with that too), and then feeds on pixie-porn. Not good, belongs in jail.
Well then... Lets say that you have your way and the convicted molester that's let out of prison is not able to watch pixie-porn. What's his alternative? Unless he reoffends by molesting children again, he's going to masturbate to relieve his sexual tension (as any sexually active person would have to if they're not having sex). And when anyone masturbates, they need to masturbate to something that turns them on (an image, either in their head, on a screen etc). If not pixie-porn, then they'd be masturbating to children which they have seen in real life (on the street, in the supermarket... anywhere!) - Having sexual fantasies about them. I dunno about you, but I'd be much more comfortable with molesters jacking off to fictional characters than real children.

Quote:
Remember a convected child molester has already proven that he or she is not in control of their fantasies. If you let them out of jail, why allow them to feed.
You say "feed" as if it feeds their sexual drive, or something. But doesn't masturbating to porn relieve sexual tension, which would be the opposite of "feeding"?
mrsir2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 06:28 AM   #57
eric/
Thread Starter
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillie View Post
It's a shame. The world would be a better place without pedophiles, child molesters, and some liberals.
Killing people is never the answer. I think rehabilitating people who have a mental reason which causes sexual attraction toward children is much more preferable to killing them.
eric/ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 06:46 AM   #58
MrWillie
macrumors 65816
 
MrWillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Down south junkin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
Well then... Lets say that you have your way and the convicted molester that's let out of prison is not able to watch pixie-porn. What's his alternative? Unless he reoffends by molesting children again, he's going to masturbate to relieve his sexual tension (as any sexually active person would have to if they're not having sex). And when anyone masturbates, they need to masturbate to something that turns them on (an image, either in their head, on a screen etc). If not pixie-porn, then they'd be masturbating to children which they have seen in real life (on the street, in the supermarket... anywhere!) - Having sexual fantasies about them. I dunno about you, but I'd be much more comfortable with molesters jacking off to fictional characters than real children.
I don't have a solution for you other than separating these people from society. We should be protecting our children, not harming them. I know you feel that he is not harming children by looking at pixie porn, but I don't think we should have to wait for him to harm another child. Remember, he has already done before. He has proved he is capable. It's one thing to think that a 14 year old girl is beautiful, it is another to look at her in a sexual way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
You say "feed" as if it feeds their sexual drive, or something. But doesn't masturbating to porn relieve sexual tension, which would be the opposite of "feeding"?
To a certain extent. How long till that no longer satisfies ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by eric/ View Post
Killing people is never the answer. I think rehabilitating people who have a mental reason which causes sexual attraction toward children is much more preferable to killing them.
Maybe not. Maybe shock therapy is the answer. Prison and whatever therapy they receive obviously doesn't work, but these people don't need to be on the street. If it's too costly to keep them incarcerated as some have suggested, then killing them is a less costly way of removing them for society.

I am open to suggestions, but they must remove these people from society until they are cured. And having the need to wack off to child like humanoids does not deem one 'cured' in my book.
__________________
Life's too short to deal with HP tech support. But I am considering a color laser e-printer.

Last edited by MrWillie; Apr 25, 2013 at 06:53 AM.
MrWillie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:50 PM   #59
mrsir2009
macrumors 604
 
mrsir2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillie View Post
I don't have a solution for you other than separating these people from society. We should be protecting our children, not harming them. I know you feel that he is not harming children by looking at pixie porn, but I don't think we should have to wait for him to harm another child. Remember, he has already done before. He has proved he is capable. It's one thing to think that a 14 year old girl is beautiful, it is another to look at her in a sexual way.
I agree that sexual offenders don't receive long enough prison sentences, and having them in the community usually leads to no good, as the reoffending rate with molesters is high. However that's got nothing to do with pixie-porn, and everything to do with the fact that the offenders are pedophiles.

Quote:
Maybe not. Maybe shock therapy is the answer. Prison and whatever therapy they receive obviously doesn't work, but these people don't need to be on the street. If it's too costly to keep them incarcerated as some have suggested, then killing them is a less costly way of removing them for society.
I don't think you're being serious about shock treatment, as it's an inhumane treatment that simply doesn't work, and subsequently not been used for many years... And as for killing them as a less costly alternative to imprisoning them: It's not actually less costly. In the USA it costs significantly more money to sentence someone to death than it does to sentence someone to life in prison without parole. Not to mention the fact that capital punishment is a barbaric & inhumane practise.

Quote:
I am open to suggestions, but they must remove these people from society until they are cured. And having the need to wack off to child like humanoids does not deem one 'cured' in my book.
That's a reasonable expectation from the penal system - However it's highly questionable that pedophilia can be 'cured'. The medical community has pretty much agreed that it's a mental condition, but some are going as far as to say that pedophilia is a sexual orientation, as uncomfortable as it may be to believe. And if that is the case, then the only 'cure' is to take away the person's sex drive - Either by castration or drugs.
mrsir2009 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:53 PM   #60
skunk
macrumors Demi-God
 
skunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Republic of Ukistan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
The medical community has pretty much agreed that it's a mental condition, but some are going as far as to say that pedophilia is a sexual orientation, as uncomfortable as it may be to believe. And if that is the case, then the only 'cure' is to take away the person's sex drive - Either by castration or drugs.
"First they came for the paedophiles..." as Niemoller might have said.
__________________
"The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted the spoons." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
skunk is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 05:05 PM   #61
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God
 
Shrink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England, USA
Just a couple of comments on the above posts.

The question of whether masturbation decreases drive level and, therefore decreases the probability of acting on undesirable impulses is not clear. First, while it reduces sexual tension temporally, pedophilia is more then just sexual relief...much more complex than that. Also, from an operant conditioning point of view...orgasm is a primary reinforcer. One could hypothesize that masturbating while watching erotica (inappropriate or not) acts to reinforce the underlying impulse...makes it stronger by rewarding it.

"Shock therapy" was mentioned. I don't know if that was a reference to ElectroConvulsive Therapy (ECT), or operant conditioning shock used as a punisher.

ECT is certainly still in use. Please forget "One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest"...important for the movie, nothing like reality. I won't go into any detail on the extensive changes in the use and technique involved, just to say it is still used under in certain situations.

As for shock as punisher (in the operant conditioning sense)...it is seldom used. I won't get into ant discussion as to it's merits, or lack thereof, save to say that in some severe, life threatening situations...it has been well demonstrated to be effective. Whether that should be done is certainly up for debate.
__________________
Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. -- Albert Einstein
Shrink is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 01:22 AM   #62
Eraserhead
macrumors G4
 
Eraserhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunk View Post
"First they came for the paedophiles..." as Niemoller might have said.
The problem is that the children can't actually consent - so it is probably the least bad option.
__________________
If they have to tell you every day they are fair you can bet they arent, if they tell you they are balanced then you should know they are not - Don't Hurt me
Eraserhead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 02:57 AM   #63
ijohn.8.80
macrumors 65816
 
ijohn.8.80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Adelaide, Oztwaylya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
As for shock as punisher (in the operant conditioning sense)...it is seldom used. I won't get into ant discussion as to it's merits, or lack thereof, save to say that in some severe, life threatening situations...it has been well demonstrated to be effective. Whether that should be done is certainly up for debate.
Shrink, why do I have visions of the following when you mention shock as punisher?

__________________
YouTube is not the resurrection of Dada

Last edited by ijohn.8.80; Apr 27, 2013 at 03:06 AM. Reason: wrong link
ijohn.8.80 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 06:52 AM   #64
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God
 
Shrink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New England, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijohn.8.80 View Post
Shrink, why do I have visions of the following when you mention shock as punisher?

Image
Close...not quite exactly as it done...but close!!

The effect is similar...Bart won't do whatever he is doing too soon again...
__________________
Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. -- Albert Einstein
Shrink is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2013, 02:37 PM   #65
pdjudd
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Plymouth, MN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
Bart won't do whatever he is doing too soon again...
Well except in that same episode he keeps shocking himself while going after the cupcake. Multiple times.
pdjudd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2013, 05:02 PM   #66
MrWillie
macrumors 65816
 
MrWillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Down south junkin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
I agree that sexual offenders don't receive long enough prison sentences, and having them in the community usually leads to no good, as the reoffending rate with molesters is high. However that's got nothing to do with pixie-porn, and everything to do with the fact that the offenders are pedophiles.
I don't quite get the jest of what you're trying to say in the last sentence.

Edit: Never mind, I got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
I don't think you're being serious about shock treatment, as it's an inhumane treatment that simply doesn't work, and subsequently not been used for many years...
Yes, I was. But as Mr Shrink pointed out its not the "One Flew Over the Cucoos Nest" type. Then again, when one gets released from prison and within two weeks stalks, molest and then kills an 11 year old boy, eh, well I wouldn't have a problem administering some old school shock treatment... (A Florida case a few years back, they executed him.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
And as for killing them as a less costly alternative to imprisoning them: It's not actually less costly. In the USA it costs significantly more money to sentence someone to death than it does to sentence someone to life in prison without parole. Not to mention the fact that capital punishment is a barbaric & inhumane practise.
Cost, well that depends upon what state you're in. We could also streamline the process. While you feel capital punishment is barbaric and inhumane, I feel that a rape/murder is even more so. Especially when it involves a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
That's a reasonable expectation from the penal system - However it's highly questionable that pedophilia can be 'cured'. The medical community has pretty much agreed that it's a mental condition, but some are going as far as to say that pedophilia is a sexual orientation, as uncomfortable as it may be to believe. And if that is the case, then the only 'cure' is to take away the person's sex drive - Either by castration or drugs.
I never stated that it could be cured, I feel that they should not be on the street until they are in control of it. If they can never be in control of it, then they should never be released. A child molester getting out of prison and then obtaining pixie porn (a cartoon with child like humanoids engaging in sexual acts) does not have control of the situation. Lesser of the two evils ? Leave him in jail or execute him. If its a choice between that and them harming another child, execution is the lesser of two evils. All children (even those in their mom's uterus) should be loved, cherished, and protected.

As I have stated before, I don't have all the answers, but I do know how to keep someone from doing it again. (No, lowering the age of consent to 15 like Virgina did last year is not an acceptable answer.)

I don't know if you personally look at pixie porn, nor do I know if you're a child molester or not. (I hope not). But I will agree that looking at pixie porn doesn't make someone a child molester.

Now not to hijack this thread, what did I miss ? Why all the people in time out ?
__________________
Life's too short to deal with HP tech support. But I am considering a color laser e-printer.
MrWillie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cartoons at movie theaters senseless Community Discussion 8 Sep 29, 2014 01:30 PM
Police officer charged for killing a man after man survives car accident iMikeT Politics, Religion, Social Issues 17 Sep 17, 2013 12:35 AM
Yet another 'out of control gov't' thread: Teenage rapper jailed classicaliberal Politics, Religion, Social Issues 25 May 24, 2013 01:23 AM
Best app to make special animated album and kids cartoons rusw78 iPhone and iPod touch Apps 0 Feb 24, 2013 01:47 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC