Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:39 PM   #1
polee
macrumors regular

Faulty a Lightning Cable?

Has anyone experienced this with their iPad mini? When inserting your lightning cable, the battery doesn't charge up. Wen you reinsert it the other way round, the battery starts charging up. Is this a software bug? I have two iPad minis and they are both displaying the same issue.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 07:00 PM   #2
inaka
macrumors 6502

I experienced a faulty Lightning cable with my iPad 4 that I bought today.
When i connect it, it would be recognized in iTunes for about 5 secs, then disappear.

I isolated the problem to the cable, since I had another Lightning cable that came with my iPhone 5 and that works perfectly.

Called apple and they're sending out a replacement cable in the mail.
inaka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:51 PM   #3
WesCole
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaka View Post
I experienced a faulty Lightning cable with my iPad 4 that I bought today.
When i connect it, it would be recognized in iTunes for about 5 secs, then disappear.

I isolated the problem to the cable, since I had another Lightning cable that came with my iPhone 5 and that works perfectly.

Called apple and they're sending out a replacement cable in the mail.
Same here. My iPhone 5 lightning cable required me to plug it in several times before it would charge the phone and if I barely bumped the cable, it would disconnect and I would have to start all over. One call to Apple and they sent a new lightning cable overnight.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 01:11 PM   #4
dabigone
macrumors regular

I just exchanged my lightning cable with the same problem. When I inspected the cable after this was happening there was a pin that got burnt out, luckily I don't think it did anything to my phone.
dabigone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 01:10 PM   #5
LaymansDomain
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigone View Post
I just exchanged my lightning cable with the same problem. When I inspected the cable after this was happening there was a pin that got burnt out, luckily I don't think it did anything to my phone.
Is this an OEM cable? or a generic?
LaymansDomain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:13 PM   #6
dabigone
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaymansDomain View Post
Is this an OEM cable? or a generic?
OEM, but not sure if it's the one from the iphone box or one I bought separately.
dabigone is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories