Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
I'm not sure if this affects other iPhone models, but I have a 64GB iPhone 5, and it is at less than 1/4 capacity. I've had it since release, and I've had this problem for a few months.

I have a group chat iMessage thread with 10 people in it who all have iPhones, and I've noticed that often when I will be using other parts of the phone and I receive an iMessage from the group, my iPhone will freeze for a couple of seconds. I've tried deleting the thread a few times and starting with a fresh thread, but the problem still persists. This never occurred on my iPhone 4, so it must be a software issue.

I've also noticed that if I close the iMessage app after a conversation with Person A, and I go to use other apps and later receive an iMessage from Person B and open it, iMessage will open still on the conversation with Person A instead of to the new message. This didn't used to happen on my previous iPhone, and it's kind of annoying.

I am still on iOS version 6.1 though, and I don't want to upgrade yet because I want the option to jailbreak. So I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this issue and can confirm that it doesn't occur on iOS 6.1.3

Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.