Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple...

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 6, 2010
The United States
A little background: I've been using an iPod Touch (currently a fifth gen.) for quite a while as my phone/mini-computer, iCloud integration and everything. I just purchased a Macbook Air today (loving it!), but I'm having some iCloud/iPod syncing issues.
1. not all my calendar dates are syncing (birthdays? they show up on the iPod, but not the computer)
2. same with notes (none of the notes on my iPod show up the computer - all the contacts do, however)
3. biggest issue is iTunes - when I synced my iPod with the computer, a bunch of the album artwork is missing on the iPod. also, I believe all my purchases that were on my iPod are now on iTunes, but if I try to sync anything off the computer with the iPod (such as music downloads that were off the internet, not iTunes), I have to select/check all the music, only if I do this, it'll say my iPod has been synced with another iTunes library, and wants to erase everything that's currently on the iPod! Help, please? I'm really confused. :confused:

Thanks!

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
1 & 2: Did you check your iCloud settings on the MBA to be sure that they're set up to sync on your iCloud account (and not Gmail or some other account)?

3: Artwork: You might have the artwork embedded in some of the files of a particular album but not others. Also, adding artwork via iTunes does not actually edit the metadata in the music file itself. So, this could be part of your larger syncing issue. Note that you cannot push music from the iPod into the MBA (the ones you downloaded via internet, not iTunes). If you have the files somewhere (disc? jump drive?) simply move them into iTunes on the MBA then let it sync/erase/replace the iPod. If you don't have the files to import into iTunes, I think you're out of luck.

Apple...

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 6, 2010
The United States
1 & 2: Did you check your iCloud settings on the MBA to be sure that they're set up to sync on your iCloud account (and not Gmail or some other account)?

3: Artwork: You might have the artwork embedded in some of the files of a particular album but not others. Also, adding artwork via iTunes does not actually edit the metadata in the music file itself. So, this could be part of your larger syncing issue. Note that you cannot push music from the iPod into the MBA (the ones you downloaded via internet, not iTunes). If you have the files somewhere (disc? jump drive?) simply move them into iTunes on the MBA then let it sync/erase/replace the iPod. If you don't have the files to import into iTunes, I think you're out of luck.
All my iCloud settings are on with the same account. The music downloaded off the internet was downloaded to the computer. I'm trying to get the internet music on the iPod. As I mentioned before, my iPod has never been connected to a computer before (used as a standalone device until now), so all the music on there was purchased from iTunes (which makes the missing artwork really confusing to me, since it's from the iTunes Store and not manually added). Thanks!

Apple...

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 6, 2010
The United States
Ok, so I fixed the first two problems, but the third one still remains; I'm missing album artwork on the iPod. I also can't sync non-iTunes downloaded music to it. Any suggestions?

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Ok, so I fixed the first two problems, but the third one still remains; I'm missing album artwork on the iPod. I also can't sync non-iTunes downloaded music to it. Any suggestions?

Missing art work on iTunes 11 is a known problem...i, like many others, are waiting for a fix...

Apple...

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 6, 2010
The United States
Missing art work on iTunes 11 is a known problem...i, like many others, are waiting for a fix...
As soon as I synced the iPod to iTunes, it "ate" my album artwork. Also, has iTunes been crashing a lot for you? Mine crashes almost every time it's opened (usually after about 5 min, give or take).

JoelBC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
As soon as I synced the iPod to iTunes, it "ate" my album artwork. Also, has iTunes been crashing a lot for you? Mine crashes almost every time it's opened (usually after about 5 min, give or take).

I do not know about eating my album art as my album art which always appeared in iTunes 10 does not appear for all albums in iTunes 11...I know that the album art is there because it is being displayed on my SONOS system which uses the same iTunes library.

I have no experience with iTunes 1 crashing because I refuse to use it until the artwork issue gets sorted...

Joel

Apple...

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 6, 2010
The United States
I do not know about eating my album art as my album art which always appeared in iTunes 10 does not appear for all albums in iTunes 11...I know that the album art is there because it is being displayed on my SONOS system which uses the same iTunes library.

I have no experience with iTunes 1 crashing because I refuse to use it until the artwork issue gets sorted...

Joel
This is exactly what I mean.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.