Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Apr 3, 2015, 06:23 AM   #751
rumoursofrain
macrumors newbie

SL Server gone

Well, Apple have discontinued sale of Snow Leopard Server. Why would they do that? So now eBay or a dmg download anywhere?
rumoursofrain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:17 AM   #752
MichaelLAX
macrumors 6502a

Are you in the United States?

Try calling Apple again and if you encounter resistance ask to speak to another representative.
MichaelLAX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:55 AM   #753
jhessco
macrumors newbie

Install Snow Leopard Server in Parallels 10

I just purchased Parallels 10.2.0 and installed it it a Mac i5 3.2Ghz with 8gb memory running osx 10.8.4. I purchased Snow Leopard Server from Apple(10.6.3)
I followed your instructions and when the operating systems found screen appears it
shows: “osx Mac OSX Server Install Disc” as the only option
However there is the grey wheel spinning. I waited over 30 minutes but it never stopped.
I hit the continue button and the installation began but ended with a black screen with the message:
Boot failed
EFI Hard Drive
EFI DVD/CD ROM

Any suggestions?

PS: it took about 30 minutes and 3 CSR’s to purchase Snow Leopard Server from Apple
jhessco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2015, 04:57 PM   #754
MichaelLAX
macrumors 6502a

I have installed SLS about a half a dozen times and never ran into this problem.

I just suggest that you throw out the PVM file and start fresh all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhessco View Post
PS: it took about 30 minutes and 3 CSR’s to purchase Snow Leopard Server from Apple
More and more I am hearing this problem. I guess it is a surprise to the Customer Service Reps that Snow Leopard Server still exists and is sold by them! The cure is to be persistent, as you have already discovered!
Old Apr 4, 2015, 03:39 AM   #755
rumoursofrain
macrumors newbie

Outside US

No Michael, in Botswana, Africa. I'll try and find a number I can Skype Out with. And maybe I can persuade a distant American relative to make a .dmg and put it in my Dropbox. Thanks for all the great stuff and your time on this and the Apple site.
rumoursofrain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2015, 06:22 AM   #756
sabato64
macrumors newbie

Unhappy Freehand mx and opening its files

Hello to you all of the Forum, I have a big problem with freehand mx.
In the office I have updated the mac with latest model with the system installed on osx 10.9.5.
I have thousands and thousands of files in freehand mx, 25 years of my working life that I can not give up.
I then installed parallel 10 and on it osx 10.6 server, everything went well.
I installed then freehand mx, fully functional even at high resolution.
Only huge problem that freehand mx does not see me all my files in freehand if I do not add extension fh11.
This to me is a huge problem, because it does not see them ???
I should perhaps add something to the server system is lacking compared to the original ???
I also tried to install osx 10.6 normal parallel but does not accept it !!!
I ask you kindly help ......
sabato64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:30 PM   #757
MichaelLAX
macrumors 6502a

In theory, you should be experiencing this problem even if you were running Freehand MX in Snow Leopard natively on an older Mac.

It sounds like some of your files were created with an older version of Freehand that the one you have now.

First of all, be sure that you have updated Freehand MX for Snow Leopard:

Go to this link on the Adobe website for instructions to update to Snow Leopard.

If that does not fix the problem highlight one of the offending files in Snow Leopard Server in Parallels. Do a "Get-Info" by typing Command-I or go under the Files Menu to Get Info.

Where it says "Open With" select Freehand MX and click on CHANGE ALL.

Let us know if this solves the problem for you.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Tags
lion, parallels 7, powerpc apps, rosetta, snow leopard