Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
The topic is, and has always been, about how to improve the Workflow.

if that's the topic, i would definitely say cpu, gpu, ram, thunderbolt, enclosures, and all the other things being discussed around here rank very low on the list of importance..

Tesselator

macrumors 601
Jan 9, 2008
Japan
if that's the topic, i would definitely say cpu, gpu, ram, thunderbolt, enclosures, and all the other things being discussed around here rank very low on the list of importance..

:D Yeah. But of course that's only his idea of the topic. It seems pretty clear to me though: "Opinions: Does the New Mac Pro qualify as a Workstation?" and the whys and why nots thereof I suppose. :)

Quantum enclosures can be both here and not here and might be more practical than the less stable helium boxes.

Awesome! Or we could sell jedi boxes... This box isn't here... These are not the boxes you're looking for...

----------

I require reference data to verify that 60-70% statistic!

Since the sentence specifies "of what I read" I'm afraid you would have had to move in with me and look over my shoulder from my first visit to the site till now. :)

barmann

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2010
Germany

Right on .

Office chairs and paper clips, that's where it's at .

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
'A general-purpose computer with a higher performance level than a personal computer.
An area where work of a particular nature is carried out, such as a specific location on a manufacturing assembly line.'

jjhoekstra

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2009
Workstation: computer which can work hard all day long, day in day out, without overheating, producing a sound like a starting jet-engine or destroying harddisks. A workstation is a like a truck, it might have less horsepower than a Ferrari, but it moves more stuff around anyhow.

Just my thought...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.