Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SixStringAddict

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
NJ
I recently started noticing that when I want to view a video on YouTube within my safari browser on my iPad, I know longer have an option to go full screen. The toggles seem to have been changed to resemble the desktop in browser toggles letting you change the quality, set reminder and like or dislike the video. However there's not option to go full screen. The only way to do so is to open the video in the YouTube app. It's kind of a pain having to keep going between apps for no reason to view a video.

Did anyone else notice this? Or am I just doing something wrong.

dakwar

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2010
I recently started noticing that when I want to view a video on YouTube within my safari browser on my iPad, I know longer have an option to go full screen. The toggles seem to have been changed to resemble the desktop in browser toggles letting you change the quality, set reminder and like or dislike the video. However there's not option to go full screen. The only way to do so is to open the video in the YouTube app. It's kind of a pain having to keep going between apps for no reason to view a video.

I just tried it. The fullscreen button was there. But it only went fullscreen within the Safari window, leaving the Safari address bar visible on the iPad screen.

ISAR

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2013
USA

When I checked, I did find the fullscreen button. But like someone already mentioned, it will not fill the entire screen, the safari menu/address bar will still be visible. I would recommend using the Youtube app.

VPrime

macrumors 68000
Dec 19, 2008
London Ontario
Some forums and site have YouTube embedded.. these videos were fine up until today, now even these video have the youtube player. This player has no full screen, it is terrible.
It is also really hard to scrub through a video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.