Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DP812

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Japan
So I've got a strange problem with movie playlists. It existed in versions of iTunes prior to 11 and seems to still exist even now. I like to make playlists for series of movies, so James Bond, Dirty Harry, the Avengers, etc. I can set track numbers to have them organized the way I want in a playlist, but this only seems to work in list view. As soon as I change to a grid view, the order changes and the movies are listed in a seemingly random order. I've tried numerous times to fix, tried changing the view order, but iTunes keeps forcing my movies into this bizarre order. Anyone else have this problem and know of any fixes?

utazdevl

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
I am having a similar issue. I am having issue where smart playlists when in grid view refuse to list by title alphabetically? I have literally tried everything I can think of, and no matter what, when I set the little view option box to sort by title, it still sorts alphabetically by Artists (on videos, I have the Director as the artiest, so it sorts by first name of the director).

Frankly, I am just kind of glad I am not the only one with the issue. Was starting to think I was the oddball.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-02 at 9.41.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-02 at 9.41.03 PM.png
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 74

DP812

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Japan
Sorting by year is fine for some collections, but not what I want for others. For example, with the Avengers movies, I want it to be Captain America, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Avengers -- basically the chronology of the films. But sorting by year makes it Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor, Avengers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.