Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:42 AM   #1
Liquinn
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Sell iPad 4 now and buy the iPad 5?

Should I sell my iPad 4 now and buy the iPad 5 in March?

Thanks for any comments.
__________________
2011 Mini | 13" (cMBP) + 15" (rMBP 2013) | Powermac G5 | 27" TBD | iPhone 3GS (16GB) | iPad 1 and iPad 4 | iPod touch 4G (64GB) | Apple Wireless Keyboard + Magic Mouse x2 | Magic Trackpad |
Liquinn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:46 AM   #2
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquinn View Post
Should I sell my iPad 4 now and buy the iPad 5 in March?

Thanks for any comments.
You will get the most money if you sell now, but snce there is no guarantee the 5 will be out in March so you could be iPad-less for 6 months.
__________________
64 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:49 AM   #3
flavr
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquinn View Post
Should I sell my iPad 4 now and buy the iPad 5 in March?

Thanks for any comments.
When did Apple say there will be an iPad 5 in March?
flavr is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:51 AM   #4
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5
 
ucfgrad93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
You will get the most money if you sell now, but snce there is no guarantee the 5 will be out in March so you could be iPad-less for 6 months.
Agreed. Right now there is no concrete evidence that a new iPad will be released in March. It is a gamble, but the choice is yours to make.
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:55 AM   #5
boy-better-know
macrumors 65816
 
boy-better-know's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: England
I am going to sell my 3rd generation iPad at some point in february. It is a risk but if you can get by without your iPad for a while then I see no problem.
boy-better-know is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:08 PM   #6
mac00l
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2011
The iPad is getting only a storage upgrade. A 128GB version is being released. There won't be an upgraded iPad till Fall
__________________
MacBook Pro 13" 2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM ; MacBook Air 13" 1.3Ghz, 4GB RAM ; 16GB iPhone 5 ; 32GB iPad mini ; Apple TV Moto X
mac00l is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:51 PM   #7
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God
 
MacRumorUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquinn View Post
Should I sell my iPad 4 now and buy the iPad 5 in March?

Thanks for any comments.

The iPad 4 is only a few months old and is being refreshed next week. The iPad 5 won't be out until after the summer and after the iPhone 5S.

Sell now, but you'll be sat waiting until September / October at the earliest. Besides the resale value holds up after the new ones are announced mostly anyway so why sell now regardless.


__________________
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
MacRumor:User
Microsoft MVP : Macintosh
MacRumorUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC