Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Aug 20, 2013, 08:34 AM   #1
planetgirth
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
9/10/13 release date so...

When will I actually get it in my hand if I buy from the Apple store and have it shipped to my house? I want to sell my wife's 4S through gazelle while the prices are high and have 30 days to get it to them. So I am trying to time this right.

Any help is much appreciated!
planetgirth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 08:51 AM   #2
Bear
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Sol III - Terra
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetgirth View Post
When will I actually get it in my hand if I buy from the Apple store and have it shipped to my house? I want to sell my wife's 4S through gazelle while the prices are high and have 30 days to get it to them. So I am trying to time this right.

Any help is much appreciated!
First of all Apple has set up a press conference or anything yet, so 9/10/13 is just a rumor. As for when after announcement you can get one, most likely is the 2nd or 3rd Friday after the announcement, but that's based on the last couple of iPhone releases. Things could be different this time around.
__________________
-----Bear
Bear is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 09:08 AM   #3
planetgirth
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
So you are thinking that it will be delivered either September 20th or 27th?
planetgirth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 09:10 AM   #4
PDFierro
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by planetgirth View Post
So you are thinking that it will be delivered either September 20th or 27th?
Nobody knows, and it's impossible to narrow down the date, other than that it's usually available within 2-3 weeks.
PDFierro is online now   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 09:13 AM   #5
planetgirth
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
I guess I'll just wait until the 28th of this month and hope that gazelle still offers the same price for buy back. If I don't get the new one in time then I won't sell it and just be out more $$.

Thanks anyway.

Does anyone know a site that offers more than gazelle?
planetgirth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 09:43 AM   #6
Dwalls90
macrumors 68040
 
Dwalls90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Apple always follows a very similar pattern.

9/10 is press conference (Tuesday), pre-orders will start on 9/13 (Friday), and deliveries will start arriving the day that they are available in store on 9/20 (Friday).

Apple won't deviate from this, but if they do, it will follow a very similar date range.
__________________
MacBook Pro 2820QM + iPhone 5s
Dwalls90 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 10:14 AM   #7
planetgirth
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Thanks ^^ is along the lines I was thinking.
planetgirth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 10:16 AM   #8
cambookpro
macrumors 68040
 
cambookpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Berks, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwalls90 View Post
Apple always follows a very similar pattern.

9/10 is press conference (Tuesday), pre-orders will start on 9/13 (Friday), and deliveries will start arriving the day that they are available in store on 9/20 (Friday).

Apple won't deviate from this, but if they do, it will follow a very similar date range.
Exactly what I've been thinking. OP, I'd say that this is by far the most likely scenario.
__________________
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 5 | iPod shuffle | iPad Air | Apple TV
cambookpro is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:10 PM   #9
planetgirth
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Thanks
planetgirth is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC