Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:08 PM   #26
Calipad
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewDaHilp1 View Post
Don't own one, I work for a pretty big college though.
Ask the Business Rep at the Apple Store if you can assist you with an Educational Purchase.

Or ask the people in your IT or Procurement Office to assist you.
Calipad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:11 PM   #27
DrewDaHilp1
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipad View Post
Ask the Business Rep at the Apple Store if you can assist you with an Educational Purchase.

Or ask the people in your IT or Procurement Office to assist you.
I'll try that when I call later in the week. Thanks for the advice.
DrewDaHilp1 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:31 PM   #28
mmomega
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipad View Post
Call all of them before you go out. I would be surprised if you didn't find it. I did get the 27", 1TB fusion, 680MX for $2599 at the store.
I am leaving to check my closest store in a bit, wife needs to go to Pottery Barn and Williams Sonoma anyway which are side by side with the Apple Store... she gets her fix I get mine .

If they don't have it in stock or carry it I can have them check the other local stores while I'm there.
My usual store is good about checking with all of the others if I go in to buy something and they don't have it.

That is assuring to know that people are actually finding the higher end models in stock. Maybe today will be the day.
3x AEBS 802.11ac, 5x AppleTV
mmomega is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:31 PM   #29
rsnapeuk
macrumors regular

They have a couple in Trafford, Manchester.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 01:27 PM   #30
clstroud
macrumors newbie

I just got back from checking my local Apple stores...

I got mixed responses from reps, most interesting of them being that "we don't carry Fusion Drive models in-store". The bottom line was that all iMacs of all sizes were out of stock and that I should call back every day to check for new inventory. They even showed me on their EasyPay units.

I did notice that the "max" base model on the iPad menu was the exact model I was looking for, so I would presume that they would get those in stock in the near future. I wonder why that model isn't also a base configuration on the Apple Store site?
clstroud is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 01:30 PM   #31
Brian Y
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by clstroud View Post
I just got back from checking my local Apple stores...

I got mixed responses from reps, most interesting of them being that "we don't carry Fusion Drive models in-store". The bottom line was that all iMacs of all sizes were out of stock and that I should call back every day to check for new inventory. They even showed me on their EasyPay units.

I did notice that the "max" base model on the iPad menu was the exact model I was looking for, so I would presume that they would get those in stock in the near future. I wonder why that model isn't also a base configuration on the Apple Store site?
Some of the popular CTO machines are stocked in stores. The "popular/ships fast" configurations are actually pre-built units, which are also stocked in some stores.
Brian Y is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:02 PM   #32
doobybiggs
macrumors 6502

Anyone heard of any at the Dallas store or were able to get one?
doobybiggs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac