Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoster38

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
North Hollywood
Hi Everyone,

I have a 27 inch iMac on preorder and was looking at getting an updated back up drive. I wanted to get opinions on this drive available at B&H.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/863045-REG/Hitachi_0s03241_3TB_Touro_Desktop_Pro.html

It's a good price for 3 TBs but never really had a Hitachi drive before and plus this is a European model with an adapter plug included. What do you all think. Would I have any issues as long as I'm using the adapter plug? I appreciate any and all opinions

Thanks!!!

burninggarlic

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
I am in Europe but cannot get this price.
Can you please grab this for me?
I bid $120!:p

----------

Sorry, just for answering the question: it has clearly stated that "This unit is bundled with a US AC power adapter for use in the United States."
I think the AC power adapter also somehow means a transformer right?

JustMartin

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2012
UK
Suspect that the power supply in the unit itself is an auto-sensing multiple standard one, they usually are. So, the adapter itself will be just that, round holes on one end and flat pins on the other and nothing but wires in between. So, it should work just fine. It's a good price. It might be end of line, when I search Amazon UK for that model number, they say it's been superseded and offer me something that appears to be identical for £147.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.