Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Jul 26, 2013, 01:13 PM   #26
bushido
macrumors 603

like somone else has mentioned already Verkaufsstart means launch not introduction so the keynote would probably take place tuesday before that

didnt the 4 get released pn a friday as well?
bushido is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 01:20 PM   #27
SUAPP
macrumors newbie

This would be amazing if it really happens, because this could mean that the new rMBP would be released also (they usually start shipping the day of announcement) so it would happen before the back to school promotion ends
SUAPP is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 01:26 PM   #28
Rocketman
macrumors 603

Sometimes it helps to go with the obvious.

The next earnings call is Oct 24 ish. That's when Tim will give a substantive update to the question asked 7-24 because it will be public then.

Yes an iPhone 5S and an iPhone 5P (plastic) will be released in September-ish. As will a MacBook Pro, a MacPro, an iMac, and an iPad5.

In the mean time we will see a Mac-Mini.

Sometime in early 2014 or sooner we will see a iPad-Mini retina, and may see an iPhone "Midi". Hard to say because it is not rumored or certain, but a version of iPhone 5P enlarged (5PL) would be trivial to release.

We do know that iCar is in the supply chain now waiting for individual vendors to release in the summer-autumn auto season. Before Christmas. Of course you have to buy a whole car to get an effective iPad-Mini, but hey, why pay less?

We also know a body based device is near release. Whether you call it a watch, or a pen or a pocket watch, it will be a utility that interacts with stuff over bluetooth, such as an earpiece and be totally hands free. Yes it will tell time and make all nature of calls, texts and such, but it will also be "the payment system".

We know that the day a 4K display is practical to produce in any mass-volume we will see Apple TV morph from a hobby. Every bar, restaurant and facility will buy a half dozen or more each. Consumers may buy some too.

In the mean time Apple TV as it exists now will simply add channels and apps. Unleashed HBO, CNBC and other premium channels please. Or at least one week delayed content from same.

Sometimes it helps to state the obvious to separate the wheat from the chaff in terms of rumors.

Rocketman

Last edited by Rocketman; Jul 26, 2013 at 01:46 PM.
Rocketman is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 03:02 PM   #29
Tastydirt
macrumors member

Already "noped" buy the legendary Dalrymple: http://www.loopinsight.com/2013/07/2...sept-6-launch/
Tastydirt is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 03:46 PM   #30
LostSoul80
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastydirt View Post
Already "noped" buy the legendary Dalrymple: http://www.loopinsight.com/2013/07/2...sept-6-launch/
How is he "legendary"?
His "nope" still leaves hopes, he's not Mr Cook.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 04:03 PM   #31
Cougarcat
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul80 View Post
How is he "legendary"?
His "nope" still leaves hopes, he's not Mr Cook.
I guess you don't know who he is. He's practically Cook's mouthpiece. If Apple wants to deny rumors, they will tell him. He's been 100% right.
Cougarcat is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 04:08 PM   #32
LostSoul80
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarcat View Post
I guess you don't know who he is.
Correct. I don't know who he is, and I have no interest in that. I know he's supposedly a journalist who has confirmed or denied some rumors about Apple products in the past.

Quote:
If Apple wants to deny rumors, they will tell him. He's been 100% right.
I'm afraid you can not justify any of this.
Can you show me a document proving Apple has something to do with his statements?
Otherwise, for all I know, that "nope" could be based off of many analysts predictions.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 04:18 PM   #33
Cougarcat
macrumors 603

Quote:
Correct. I don't know who he is, and I have no interest in that. I know he's supposedly a journalist who has confirmed or denied some rumors about Apple products in the past.

Can you show me a document proving Apple has something to do with his statements?
Otherwise, for all I know, that "nope" could be based off of many analysts predictions.
His immaculate track record speaks for itself. It is enough to know that it isn't based off analyst predictions, because their track records are abysmal. Of course, it's up to you if you don't want to believe it.

Last edited by Cougarcat; Jul 26, 2013 at 04:46 PM.
Cougarcat is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 05:28 PM   #34
mrxak
macrumors 65816

The Oppenheimer comment absolutely has to do with the next scheduled earnings call. That's the only time he ever really talks, and it's completely independent of any Apple product announcements. Nobody should use what he said to guess when we'll see any new Apple products.

Of course, most other evidence would point to October being the time we'll see new product releases like a new iPhone. Late September is possible. Early September would be quite surprising indeed. There could, however, be a different product release at that time, like new miniMacs.

Last edited by mrxak; Jul 26, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
mrxak is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 06:29 PM   #35
Shaun, UK
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by decimortis View Post
I think it'd be more likely September 9th. The Monday after the BTS promotion ends. Just a guess though.D.
Seems the most likely option. They don't like Mondays so my guess is Tuesday 10th. Last years event was on the 12th.
Shaun, UK is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 07:17 PM   #36
thaifood
macrumors 6502

Quote:

His knowledge is not based off analyst reports. He has numerous and long running connections with Apple. Whether it's just mates in high places or he is an unofficial outlet for Apple to shed some light on imminent releases, his answers always hit the mark.
thaifood is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 07:47 PM   #37
theBB
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
Yes an iPhone 5S and an iPhone 5P (plastic) will be released in September-ish.
Press event by the end of September, yes, unless there is a crisis. Launch? Maybe.
theBB is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 08:14 PM   #38
donnaw
macrumors 65816

Well I certainly don't have any inside info but if I were Apple, considering their last earning call, I would certainly want my new product lines released early enough to be able to cite some pretty good sales numbers before the next call. I'm not certain that releasing the new products in late Sept or early Oct gets them there. As an investor I want more than a couple of weeks of numbers coming out in the October call. And I DO know that's how investors think.
donnaw is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 08:35 PM   #39
newyorksole
macrumors 68020

Quote:

Lol first people don't believe that the low-cost plastic-back iPhone is real. Now people don't believe the guy from The Loop who has been 100% correct?

Lmaoo. Some of you may be smart, but have little common sense.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 08:48 PM   #40
charlituna
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by decimortis View Post
I think it'd be more likely September 9th. The Monday after the BTS promotion ends. Just a guess though.

D.
Announced maybe. But Apple likes that killer launch weekend where folks arent at work and can line up etc.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 11:12 PM   #41
Manzzle
macrumors member

Whatever is coming out, if the screen size and width are the same as the iPhone 5, then I'm going Galaxy. Samsung has already been kicking Apple in terms of numbers of phones selling by a lot this year. Apple needs to make a larger screen for those that are tired of the smallness.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:45 AM   #42
montefuego
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
Sometimes it helps to go with the obvious.

We know that the day a 4K display is practical to produce in any mass-volume we will see Apple TV morph from a hobby. Every bar, restaurant and facility will buy a half dozen or more each. Consumers may buy some too.

In the mean time Apple TV as it exists now will simply add channels and apps. Unleashed HBO, CNBC and other premium channels please. Or at least one week delayed content from same.

Sometimes it helps to state the obvious to separate the wheat from the chaff in terms of rumors.

Rocketman
Great comments. My only reservation is the 4K TV. There is no content at the moment, and if you view a 4K TV in any size less than 10 feet wide, you cannot see a difference AT ALL from a 2K television. It would be great to improve the color space of Rec 709 that current HD tv's use; if this color space alone were changed, there would be a vast improvement. It is unnecessary to increase the resolution, and doing so makes the file sizes enormous. It is a Sony marketing ploy, since they are the only ones making 4K.
I am cinematographer working in Hollywood with people who work with these things...
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:14 AM   #43
GlastoEls
macrumors member

Quote:
I guess you don't know who he is. He's practically Cook's mouthpiece. If Apple wants to deny rumors, they will tell him. He's been 100% right.
Yep.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 02:33 PM   #44
pmz
Banned

Darymple's "nope" is simply related to the Sept. 6 date.

Most people expect a mid September unveiling and late September on-sale date for the new iPhones.

Remember, Apple has to coordinate not just the public launch of a new iPhone, but the launch of iOS 7 on the same day. While this is nothing new for Apple, iOS 7 is far from almost ready. I expect the real public launch date to be Friday, September 27th, for the 5S, Lite, and iOS 7.

Do not expect iPad 5 to be introduced at this time. That product will launch in October.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by montefuego View Post
Great comments. My only reservation is the 4K TV. There is no content at the moment, and if you view a 4K TV in any size less than 10 feet wide, you cannot see a difference AT ALL from a 2K television. It would be great to improve the color space of Rec 709 that current HD tv's use; if this color space alone were changed, there would be a vast improvement. It is unnecessary to increase the resolution, and doing so makes the file sizes enormous. It is a Sony marketing ploy, since they are the only ones making 4K.
I am cinematographer working in Hollywood with people who work with these things...
Apple seemed to take interest in 4K displays, seeking to point out that the MacPro would be capable of running 3 of them.

Is Apple gonna sit back let MacPro buyers spent serious $$$$$ on someone else's 4K Displays? I highly doubt it.

I'd really like to see Apple release some new Desktop Displays this year. A 24" Tb Displays with USB 3 that costs around $4-500. You know, above average yet still affordable. And then 4K.
pmz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2013, 04:18 PM   #45
boccabella
macrumors member

Tim Cook has said without ambiguity, new products are coming in the fall, not before. In Applespeak, fall is closer to December 21 than September 22, let alone September 6, that is laughable on its face.
boccabella is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2013, 07:40 PM   #46
beaniemyman
Banned

i wish i had read this news before the update, crushed all the excitement, looks like i'll have to wait till the end of september.
beaniemyman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2013, 10:39 PM   #47
kimvette
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzzle View Post
Whatever is coming out, if the screen size and width are the same as the iPhone 5, then I'm going Galaxy. Samsung has already been kicking Apple in terms of numbers of phones selling by a lot this year. Apple needs to make a larger screen for those that are tired of the smallness.

Seconded.
That, and an SD slot or double the storage, and 2 GB RAM.
kimvette is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2013, 04:28 PM   #48
cryptooth
macrumors newbie

Looks like android phone: http://techdy.com/shop/basic-bear/
cryptooth is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2013, 08:04 PM   #49
egoistaxx9
macrumors 6502

that's too early, i wont have enough money at that time. please delay it a bit. mid-Oct is fine
egoistaxx9 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 07:59 AM   #50
ncaissie
macrumors 6502a

These images do not have the S or the new one C.
Didn't the 3GS and 4S have that on the phone?
Could this be the iPhone 6?
I like the look. Maybe they are getting away from the metal cases which I think is great.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion