Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luis

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
Ok, heres wht happened:

I got my EyeTV Hybrid for christmas and installed on my computer that very day and have been using it ever since. However, I recently gained knowledge of the new software, and would love to try some of the new features, but I want to use the "upgrade" program in which you use your activation key of EyeTV 2.5 to get a discounted price on EyeTV 3.0. The problem is that I have lost my box in which the serial number is printed, and have no written backup of it (I know, stupid), so I wonder if there's any way to retrieve the entered serial from any of my .plist files and such?

Mod note: I am not asking for anyone to send me their serial, since I have legally bought the product and have no intention of starting a piracy related thread.:eek:

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Did you register your EyeTV software? If so Elgato could send you another serial key.

Luis

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
Contact customer support with your order number and other info. They should be able to send you a new serial.

Will this work if I bought the product from a local distributor? Or should I go to the distributor and ask them for the order number?

Luis

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
Just an update for those who in the future deal with the same problem:

It seems that if you email Elgato your EyeTV .plist they will be able to recover the serial number and send it back to you! So it seems I solved my problem, thanks for the help.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Wow, great info! Glad it worked out. Did Elgato ask you to send them the .Plist?

Luis

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
Costa Rica
Wow, great info! Glad it worked out. Did Elgato ask you to send them the .Plist?

I was actually looking around the Elgato support site and found the article where it says that (things that you never find but when you actually do, it becomes clear where it was). I'm still waiting for the response (sent the plist an hour ago), but i'm optimistic.

angelino

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2013
Recover EyeTV Activation Code

This worked for me, FINALLY!!

I have EyeTV installed on my laptop, and would rather use the setup on the desktop. The software wasn't registered with Elgato, but it is an official installation.

First, open the software and sign up for the newsletter: >Help>Subscribe to Newsletter

Then visit the Elgato page for Lost Activation Keys: http://my.eyetv.com/lost_keys

enter your email address. It will send you an email with the activation key.

One Million Years of Struggle Resolved!!!

Comodín

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2014
EyeTV in Costa Rica

Hi, Luis, are you able to use EyeTV in Costa Rica? I have been told that they use a different signal and that it wouldn't work there. I am going there soon and would love to watch the world championship soccer on my iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.