Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:33 AM   #101
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
...the term is " couldn't care less", sorry that bugs me!
"Could care less" is also correct if he could care less about retina than he currently does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkuo View Post
Use the mini in landscape mode. Usually sorts out any complaints i have about readability.
Using it in landscape eliminates many of the benefits of its smaller size.
__________________
64 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:45 AM   #102
Defender2010
macrumors 68000
 
Defender2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
"Could care less" is also correct if he could care less about retina than he currently does.



Using it in landscape eliminates many of the benefits of its smaller size.
Could care less is nonsense..who actually says "I could care less" in real life unless you want to look like a dumb ass....the term in full is "could not care less" meaning, the amount he cares about retina is so small he could not care less unless he cared zero! Anyway, to be American about it "whatever"
__________________
W2P KLD talking...what's your handle, WR2 GFO?

Last edited by Defender2010; Nov 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: grammar
Defender2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:49 AM   #103
dthree36
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Best Buy has the ipad 3 $50 off and gives you a $75 dollar gift card right now. If you want the 3.. this is the deal for you on a new iPad.
__________________
IMac, Macbook Pro, Ipad 2, Ipod Shuffle, Iphone 4S
dthree36 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:51 AM   #104
clyde2801
macrumors 601
 
clyde2801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In the land of no hills and red dirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthree36 View Post
Best Buy has the ipad 3 $50 off and gives you a $75 dollar gift card right now. If you want the 3.. this is the deal for you on a new iPad.
Roughly the same price as Apple's refurbished ones. Not bad if you want it NOW, and don't mind getting some of the savings in a gift card instead of cash.
__________________
I've found that the sanest question I can ask myself is 'Am I going crazy?' --Jack Robbins
2012 base 15" rMBP, 2012 base 11" MBA, late 2011 2.4 i7 17" MBP, 16 gb ram, Crucial M4 512gb SSD
clyde2801 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:26 AM   #105
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
Could care less is nonsense..who actually says "I could care less" in real life unless you want to look like a dumb ass....the term in full is "could not care less" meaning, the amount he cares about retina is so small he could not care less unless he cared zero! Anyway, to be American about it "whatever"
For example:

Currently I'm thinking about the Mini but think it might not be pocketable enough. So I care about it.

If I buy it and decide it's not pocketable enough then it is out of the running and I won't care about it at all.

Therefore I currently can care less about the Mini than I currently do which makes it correct to say I could care less about it. Saying I could not care less is incorrect at this time because it implies that its impossible for me to care less about the Mini than I currently do, which as I've shown is incorrect.

Now if I later decide I don't want the Mini, it would be correct to say I couldn't care less about it because I then wouldn't care about it at all. Which is not true currently.

Don't get upset about your #GrammarNaziFail.
__________________
64 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:48 PM   #106
Defender2010
macrumors 68000
 
Defender2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
For example:

Currently I'm thinking about the Mini but think it might not be pocketable enough. So I care about it.

If I buy it and decide it's not pocketable enough then it is out of the running and I won't care about it at all.

Therefore I currently can care less about the Mini than I currently do which makes it correct to say I could care less about it. Saying I could not care less is incorrect at this time because it implies that its impossible for me to care less about the Mini than I currently do, which as I've shown is incorrect.

Now if I later decide I don't want the Mini, it would be correct to say I couldn't care less about it because I then wouldn't care about it at all. Which is not true currently.

Don't get upset about your #GrammarNaziFail.
Nice twisting of the other persons post. That was not what they meant...in YOUR context it is correct but not something we day in England. Not trying to be a "grammarnazi". It just bugs me. # are for twitter!
__________________
W2P KLD talking...what's your handle, WR2 GFO?
Defender2010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:52 PM   #107
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthree36 View Post
Best Buy has the ipad 3 $50 off and gives you a $75 dollar gift card right now. If you want the 3.. this is the deal for you on a new iPad.
Not the 16gb though. Just saying.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:55 PM   #108
Awakener
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Looks like there might be some reason for headaches:

A new review by Anandtech directly compares text on iPads (click on the comparator):
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6429/ipad-mini-review/4

Last edited by Awakener; Nov 21, 2012 at 04:18 PM.
Awakener is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All iPads: iPad Mini with Retina Display Returned! AdonisSMU iPad 40 Nov 17, 2013 11:11 PM
iPad Mini: I think I used to own the rarest iPad mini ever! But I returned it... aPple nErd iPad 3 May 30, 2013 11:28 PM
iPad Mini: Returned my iPad Mini, smart choice? iMichael! iPad 37 Jan 14, 2013 11:27 AM
iPad Mini: Returned iPad 4 for mini and loving it! insimbi iPad 7 Nov 6, 2012 02:18 AM
iPad Mini: Has anyone else experienced headaches with the ipad mini? Jacoblee23 iPad 5 Nov 2, 2012 08:57 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC