Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
My friend has a 3GS that we can't hactivate! I have no sim, and I'm on Verizon on a 5, so I can't just use mine, and when I try and activate it with redsn0w, I can't because It needs activation ticket, with I don't know what that is. Please help! Also, she wants to use it as an iPod touch until she can get a sim. Thanks!

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Ok. Like I said though, she wants to use as iPod so I don't think she wants to buy a sim, even though it's 2 bucks. Oh, and the iPhone is an old boot rom if that matters.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Ok. Like I said though, she wants to use as iPod so I don't think she wants to buy a sim, even though it's 2 bucks. Oh, and the iPhone is an old boot rom if that matters.

I hear you.
Is it an AT&T 3GS? Maybe borrow someones sim for a minute, stick it in and plug it to itunes to activate if she dont want to spend the whole $1 on a sim on ebay:D

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Did she install any tweaks or did this happen right away?

Reason I ask is because I just upgraded my 4S to 6.1.2, installed a backup of tweaks and it rebooted with an activation error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.