Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:47 PM   #1
bwillwall
macrumors 6502

Should I get wireless Beats?

I was hoping to get some good quality bluetooth headphones that I can also plug into a regular 3.5mm jack if I need to. (Note that the wireless beats didn't used to have this option but now they do) Everyone seems to say beats aren't worth it but I simply can't find any I like better that are cheaper. The bluetooth klipsch headphones don't seem any better or much cheaper and they are sort of ugly.. (yeah I care about looks quite a bit too) So what do you guys recommend?
bwillwall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:32 PM   #2
musio
macrumors 68000

a lot of people say the wireless isn't is as good quality as the cheaper solo HD in the beats range. Not sure if bluetooth 4.0 would help but there are very few headphones with 4.0 spec..
musio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:45 PM   #3
bwillwall
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by musio View Post
a lot of people say the wireless isn't is as good quality as the cheaper solo HD in the beats range. Not sure if bluetooth 4.0 would help but there are very few headphones with 4.0 spec..
Really? In all the reviews they said that the wireless sounds great. I thought bluetooth was even able to keep up with lossless audio? Correct me if I'm wrong though. Most reviews in fact say they sound better than the solo HDs. However I have heard lots of complaints that the bluetooth cuts out on them so not I'm wondering if I shouldn't just go wired and get the solos
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:57 PM   #4
musio
macrumors 68000

Rather than read, go and listen to them if you're going to spend that much. Let us know what you think too! 8)
musio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 02:15 PM   #5
bwillwall
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by musio View Post
Rather than read, go and listen to them if you're going to spend that much. Let us know what you think too! 8)
Can I test them at best buy by chance? Or where else?
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:52 PM   #6
lightz39
macrumors regular

I can't speak for the bluetooth but my studios sound fantastic. However my Bose Soundlink 2 bluetooth speaker sounds incredible as far as bluetooth and music quality go.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:35 PM   #7
bwillwall
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightz39 View Post
I can't speak for the bluetooth but my studios sound fantastic. However my Bose Soundlink 2 bluetooth speaker sounds incredible as far as bluetooth and music quality go.
Okay thank you!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:03 PM   #8
Gofre
macrumors regular

The Sennheiser MM400 will sound better for less money, I strongly urge trying to find somewhere you can buy them and return them if you don't think they sound better than the tripe that constitutes the Beats lineup.
Gofre is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:43 AM   #9
Destroysall
macrumors 65816

Checkout the Sennheiser Wireless Headphones line. These are available at Amazon as well.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/wireles...eadphones-home
Destroysall is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 03:13 PM   #10
bwillwall
macrumors 6502

So I got them... now I'm having issues with bluetooth cutting out and when I called beats the guy blamed Apple and said they were having issues with Apple's latest software connecting to bluetooth. When I called Apple, they told me I have to pay to ask questions as usual.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio