Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:59 AM   #1
mattbm
macrumors newbie

iTunes 11 can't remember window size

Hello,
I've just updated iTunes to 11 (11.0.1 for the time) on Snow Leo 10.6.8, almost everything works perfectly, it's much faster than previous version BUT:

- every time I relaunch iTunes, it goes back to its default window size (which is a bit wider than my macbook screen resolution 1280). I had tried everything, this trick with Option+maximize from older versions but nothing helped. Any ideas?
mattbm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 06:13 PM   #2
msc126
macrumors newbie

I have a similar problem: I've updated to iTunes 11 (11.0.1) and I've mountain lion 10.8.2.

No matter how I resize iTunes, if I quit it and then open it, the window will come back to default size. It only seems to happen on the horizontal length. If i resize it vertically, it will remember next time I open iTunes. The same doesn't happen for the horizontal resize: iTunes will show the default horizontal size every time I open it.
msc126 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:21 AM   #3
F1 Fan
macrumors regular

Has anyone got anywhere on this issue yet? I'm on Windows 7 and having the same problem. Really annoying thing is that it defaults to slightly larger than my screen so that the right hand side scroll bar is off the screen! To fix it, I have to drag it down away from the edge, shrink it, move it back into the centre and then maximise it - every time! :@
F1 Fan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 06:17 PM   #4
msc126
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msc126 View Post
I have a similar problem: I've updated to iTunes 11 (11.0.1) and I've mountain lion 10.8.2.

No matter how I resize iTunes, if I quit it and then open it, the window will come back to default size. It only seems to happen on the horizontal length. If i resize it vertically, it will remember next time I open iTunes. The same doesn't happen for the horizontal resize: iTunes will show the default horizontal size every time I open it.
I've found the solution for this! Maybe it will help for the original post issue!

Code:
cd /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/YOURLANGUAGE.lproj/
replace YOURLANGUAGE with the system language!

Code:
sudo nano AppConfig.plist
edit the field "browser-window-minimum-width" for 700 (english version has this value).

Ctrl + X, and then confirm Yes, and finally Enter.
msc126 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:55 AM   #5
genimac
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by msc126 View Post
I've found the solution for this! Maybe it will help for the original post issue!

Code:
cd /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/YOURLANGUAGE.lproj/
replace YOURLANGUAGE with the system language!

Code:
sudo nano AppConfig.plist
edit the field "browser-window-minimum-width" for 700 (english version has this value).

Ctrl + X, and then confirm Yes, and finally Enter.
Thanks a lot for the tip.
In my MacBook with 10.7.5 and iTunes 11.0.2 I need to change
Code:
<key>browser-window-minimum-width</key>
                <integer>1300</integer>
to
Code:
<key>browser-window-minimum-width</key>
                <integer>1000</integer>
now I can resize the width from 1000px to full screen.
genimac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 03:27 PM   #6
bekble
macrumors newbie

can sb explain it to me step by step please?

hi,

I don't understand how to follow this instructions,

1)does "cd /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/YOURLANGUAGE.lproj/" mean to open "Terminal" and write "cd /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/YOURLANGUAGE.lproj/"?

2)if yes, when I replace "Applications" to "Programy" what means Applications in my language and "YOURLANGUAGE" to "pl.Iproj" than Terminal says:"-bash: cd: /Programy/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/pl.lproj: No such file or directory"

3)how can I find how my language is called in iTunes folder and what did I do wrong?

4)I also tried to edit AppConfig.plist by TextEdit - I changed "<key>browser-window-minimum-width</key>
<integer>1200</integer>" into <key>browser-window-minimum-width</key>
<integer>1000</integer> but in vain.

please help,

best regards,
bekble

Last edited by bekble; Mar 25, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
bekble is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 08:28 AM   #7
genimac
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekble View Post
hi,

I don't understand how to follow this instructions,

1)does "cd /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/YOURLANGUAGE.lproj/" mean to open "Terminal" and write "cd /Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/YOURLANGUAGE.lproj/"?

2)if yes, when I replace "Applications" to "Programy" what means Applications in my language and "YOURLANGUAGE" to "pl.Iproj" than Terminal says:"-bash: cd: /Programy/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/pl.lproj: No such file or directory"

3)how can I find how my language is called in iTunes folder and what did I do wrong?

4)I also tried to edit AppConfig.plist by TextEdit - I changed "<key>browser-window-minimum-width</key>
<integer>1200</integer>" into <key>browser-window-minimum-width</key>
<integer>1000</integer> but in vain.

please help,

best regards,
bekble
Do the following:
- open the Application folder
- right-click or ctrl-click the iTunes application
- select the second option on the menu (show package contents)
- open all needed folders until you see the YOURLANGUAGE.lproj folder
- open terminal
- type "cd " (yes put an space) and drag the YOURLANGUAGE.lproj folder to the terminal window, you have the path typed so "enter"
- do the "sudo nano AppConfig.plist"
genimac is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2013, 05:04 PM   #8
bekble
macrumors newbie

thank you "genimac" very very much!!

it solved not only this problem but in the future I will understand solutions like this one

best regards
js
bekble is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store