Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xEnOnn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
When would the refurbished iPad Minis probably be on the Apple Store? Perhaps after christmas? Also, at what price would the refurbished iPad Minis likely to be at?

I don't know if I should just wait for the refurbished iPad Minis or just get the new one. I could wait, but I don't know how long I would need to wait, and how much discount I will get from buying a refurbished set.

BarkingGhost

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2011
Atlanta+35 miles
Hmm, I tried to buy (for store pickup in GA) a white/silver wifi-only mini but no stores in GA (or SC or NC) had any to sell me. Not in 16GB or 32GB.

I doubt refurbs will be coming before the holidays are over with.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
Judging from the return stories here, they'll be plenty to go around!:)

xEnOnn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
Hmm, I tried to buy (for store pickup in GA) a white/silver wifi-only mini but no stores in GA (or SC or NC) had any to sell me. Not in 16GB or 32GB.

I doubt refurbs will be coming before the holidays are over with.

This is sad because then I would have to wait, and I don't know how long more I would have to wait. Most importantly, I want to know much how would the refurbish iPad minis cost because this would then allow me to assess if I should continue to wait.

xEnOnn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
How would anybody know? The iPad mini has only been out for a month.

Perhaps the hardcore followers of iProducts would have an estimation or a rough gauge of the usual cost of a refurbished iPad Mini given its current retail cost?

xEnOnn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
my guess is you'll see the base model reduced $50, roughly 15% savings.

ohh...it wouldn't even be a discount of a hundred dollar? I see the refurbished iPad 3 has close to a hundred dollar discount, and I thought this could happen for the iPad mini too. :( This makes me wonder if it is worth the wait for the refurbished iPad Mini.

EMAN19

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
New York, NY
ohh...it wouldn't even be a discount of a hundred dollar? I see the refurbished iPad 3 has close to a hundred dollar discount, and I thought this could happen for the iPad mini too. :( This makes me wonder if it is worth the wait for the refurbished iPad Mini.

ohh... I paid full price. Why would you expect to pay $100 less on a very new product, albeit a refurb, so soon? Don't get your hopes up. You're looking at least 6 months or more, and by then ipad mini 2 will be be out. Either wait a while or pay full price!

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
If people keep returning iPads for invisible defects like you can see here on Macrumors forum, well I think we are going to see a lot of refurbished Minis in the next weeks :D:cool::D

here2rock

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2012
Australia
You will save $50 in April when iPad mini with Retina display will be out. Will it be worth it? My answer is no, I will take the Retina display over $50.

xEnOnn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
You will save $50 in April when iPad mini with Retina display will be out. Will it be worth it? My answer is no, I will take the Retina display over $50.

Woah... Will Apple really release a new iPad Mini in April this soon? Of course a Retina iPad is way better. And this makes my decision to buy the current ipad mini even more difficult. I don't know if I should just wait for the Retina iPad Mini.

sfphoto

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
iPad Mini $359

If you are willing to sign a 2 year DATA contract with Verizon or ATT you can save $100.

att.com/ipad

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
If you are willing to sign a 2 year DATA contract with Verizon or ATT you can save $100.

att.com/ipad

Save $100, hmm?

24 Month Contract ($14.99) = $359
24 Month Contract ($30.00) = $720

But thats cool, you saved $100 even though the Cellular version of the iPads are $130 more than the WiFi models.

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2012
Save $100, hmm?

24 Month Contract ($14.99) = $359
24 Month Contract ($30.00) = $720

But thats cool, you saved $100 even though the Cellular version of the iPads are $130 more than the WiFi models.

The math is irrelevant if you want or need the cellular capability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.