Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flottenheimer

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2008
Up north
How about a hassle free Simcity to begin with? They can ship it on cds and you don't need to connect online.

Yeah I know, stupid dream.

I can't remember the last time I used CDs.
I know that a lot of people are still suffering from slow internet connections. And that a lot are not.

You can have all the CDs you want. As long as I get a Mac App Store version : )

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2012
I can't remember the last time I used CDs.
I know that a lot of people are still suffering from slow internet connections. And that a lot are not.

You can have all the CDs you want. As long as I get a Mac App Store version : )

Well you can have a nice always online App Store version with horrible gameplay and honking trees all you want.

LOLZpersonok

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2012
Calgary, Canada
This issue is mostly with Office updates from Microsoft. They like to reset security settings to default. Few settings on a computer I use are "default".

Oh, I see where you're coming from now. I don't use MS Office simply because I don't usually have enough money for stuff like that. So I can't say what my update experience on that is like.

iisdan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2010
I thought this was delayed till august first, i lost interest a LONG time ago. Will not be buying anymore.

Zellio

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2012
This issue is mostly with Office updates from Microsoft. They like to reset security settings to default. Few settings on a computer I use are "default".

O rly? I've never had that happen, and I've used:

Office 2007
Office 2008 (Kinda wish I didn't)

office 2010
Office 2011

Yes, for both mac and windows.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I have to agree that windows update sucks. Apple make take longer, but their update system never needs its cache cleared out. It's still not as nice as Ubuntu's, though.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
O rly? I've never had that happen, and I've used:

Office 2007
Office 2008 (Kinda wish I didn't)

office 2010
Office 2011

Yes, for both mac and windows.

Do you alter settings? Some updates are worse, but with Office 2007 I actually started blocking Outlook updates. I was tired of redoing my settings every month. v2013 I haven't had a problem, yet.

Not sure on the Mac, I use Office there so seldom, now. I'm usually logged in via Remote if I have to work from home, using whatever crap they have on our server.

realicetea

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2013
EA stealing money from all pre-order Mac users

EA games has charged Mac users $60 to purchase SimCity without releasing the game after several delays and are now selling the game @ $ 25 as of yesterday (26/8/2013). They refuse to provide a refund as they state:

"I can't help you in this situation as all the pricing are decided by the marketing team only."

Mac users are now paying more for a product they have yet to receive!

Can EA get even more corrupt than this. Extremely bad business ethics bordering on theft.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.