Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Ok, I have a question for you guys that use the Apple Displays with the thunderbolt equipped MBA's...
I use an non Thunderbolt 27" ACD with my 2013 MBA. It works very well connected via the MiniDisplay port passed through the Thunderbolt port on the MBA. My question is, is there any way to split that thunderbolt port via splitter cable or Thunderbolt hub? I want to use my ethernet connection via the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter but since I am using the Thunderbolt port on the MBA for the MiniDisplay cable to the ACD, I have no way to use it.
Thanks for any help.

micrors4racer

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
Ok, I have a question for you guys that use the Apple Displays with the thunderbolt equipped MBA's...
I use an non Thunderbolt 27" ACD with my 2013 MBA. It works very well connected via the MiniDisplay port passed through the Thunderbolt port on the MBA. My question is, is there any way to split that thunderbolt port via splitter cable or Thunderbolt hub? I want to use my ethernet connection via the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter but since I am using the Thunderbolt port on the MBA for the MiniDisplay cable to the ACD, I have no way to use it.
Thanks for any help.

It should work the way you want to with a thunderbolt hub. But for the price of a TB hub, you can just sell your ACD and pick up the TB display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.