Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 9, 2013, 02:15 AM   #1
Gary500
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Do new iPhones ship with the latest iOS? (T-Mobile version)

Do the latest iPhone 5s ship with 6.0 or 6.1.3?
Gary500 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 02:40 AM   #2
darricksailo
macrumors 68040
 
darricksailo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary500 View Post
Do the latest iPhone 5s ship with 6.0 or 6.1.3?
it will come with 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 (6.1.4 will most likely have the carrier bundle released today inside the firmware). Either that or the carrier bundle update will be included in a "newer" version of 6.1.3 which includes the carrier bundle update released today
darricksailo is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 02:45 AM   #3
Gary500
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
How do you know this for sure?
Gary500 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 04:13 AM   #4
Nermal
Moderator
 
Nermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Whakatane, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Jones View Post
And iPhone 5S is not released by Apple yet.
5s, as in the plural of 5.

I'd be very surprised if the new model is running anything lower than 6.1.3. Since there's new firmware for the WCDMA radio, I'd imagine that the flash image would be updated too.
Nermal is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 04:48 AM   #5
hexonxonx
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Denver Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Jones View Post
No, iPhone does not comes out of the box with latest iOS.
Like iPhone 4 will have iOS 4, iPhone 4S will have iOS 5, and iPhone 5 with iOS 6. All the phones are upgradable to latest iOS versions.

And iPhone 5S is not released by Apple yet.
Not always. Eventually iPhone 5s and iPhone 4S models will come with the latest if you wait long enough.
hexonxonx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 06:41 AM   #6
nemesis4670
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
I had this same question. It would be great if someone who has purchased a brand new iPhone 5 in the last few weeks could verify whether it came with 6.1.2 or below and what store they bought it from.

I am thinking about upgrading and it would be really upsetting if it came with 6.1.3 and I couldn't jailbreak it until iOS 7 came out. Would pretty much defeat the purpose since I am not very fond of stock iOS.

Thanks for any help in advance.
nemesis4670 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 06:52 AM   #7
Beeplance
macrumors 65816
 
Beeplance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by darricksailo View Post
it will come with 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 (6.1.4 will most likely have the carrier bundle released today inside the firmware). Either that or the carrier bundle update will be included in a "newer" version of 6.1.3 which includes the carrier bundle update released today
Wow, since when 6.1.4 was released??
Beeplance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 07:17 AM   #8
Am3r1ca16
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by darricksailo View Post
it will come with 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 (6.1.4 will most likely have the carrier bundle released today inside the firmware). Either that or the carrier bundle update will be included in a "newer" version of 6.1.3 which includes the carrier bundle update released today
6.1.4? What
Am3r1ca16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 07:43 AM   #9
CEmajr
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Some of them have 6.1.2 and some of the others have 6.1.3. It's random right now.
CEmajr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 07:50 AM   #10
PsstGreek
macrumors 68040
 
PsstGreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tampa Bay
I'm getting my T-Mobile one replaced today (hopefully). This power button is driving me nuts with the rattling.
__________________
iMac + iPhone 5 + rMini
PsstGreek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 09:03 AM   #11
nemesis4670
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsstGreek View Post
I'm getting my T-Mobile one replaced today (hopefully). This power button is driving me nuts with the rattling.
Cool but when they replace it do they exchange it with a brand new sealed box or is it an open box/refurbished model? Also would be great if you can keep us posted on what firmware it has.

This speculation that the firmware is random is unsettling. I can't see it being random if you're buying it from Apple so maybe the best bet is a third party retailer that has old stock. I'd assume once someone gets a 6.1.3 phone direct from Apple that shortly after they will all be 6.1.3.

I get the security risks if you don't stick to trusted Cydia sources. But I don't get why Apple is actively trying to stop jailbreaking when it's totally optional and is also majorly responsible for a big part of their sales.

You know something is wrong when the jailbreak for iOS 6 is more important than the iOS 6 upgrade itself. If they actually worked on adding all of these basic cydia tweak features we wouldn't be so concerned about jailbreaking.
nemesis4670 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:45 AM   #12
darricksailo
macrumors 68040
 
darricksailo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeplance View Post
Wow, since when 6.1.4 was released??
I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear but it was an assumption should 6.1.4 come out

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am3r1ca16 View Post
6.1.4? What
Just an assumption should 6.1.4 come out as iOS 6.1 included carrier updates for LTE support (there was talk back then apple decided if the network was worthy of LTE before apple implemented the function so it made it seem like they wouldn't allow carrier updates for LTE support)
darricksailo is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:08 AM   #13
basketlacey
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
I purchased my iphone on 4/12 from a local T-Mobile store and it has OS 6.1.3 on it.
basketlacey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:11 AM   #14
BruiserB
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Got mine 4/13 with 6.1.2 on it. From a T-mobile store. I only noticed because it prompted me to upgrade as I was getting ready to restore from my iPhone 4.
BruiserB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:13 AM   #15
bozzykid
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I think if you are hoping to get 6.1.2 then you better hurry. My guess is within a few weeks, you will not find any that don't have 6.1.3 on them.
bozzykid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2013, 01:22 PM   #16
PsstGreek
macrumors 68040
 
PsstGreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tampa Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis4670 View Post
Cool but when they replace it do they exchange it with a brand new sealed box or is it an open box/refurbished model? Also would be great if you can keep us posted on what firmware it has.

This speculation that the firmware is random is unsettling. I can't see it being random if you're buying it from Apple so maybe the best bet is a third party retailer that has old stock. I'd assume once someone gets a 6.1.3 phone direct from Apple that shortly after they will all be 6.1.3.

I get the security risks if you don't stick to trusted Cydia sources. But I don't get why Apple is actively trying to stop jailbreaking when it's totally optional and is also majorly responsible for a big part of their sales.

You know something is wrong when the jailbreak for iOS 6 is more important than the iOS 6 upgrade itself. If they actually worked on adding all of these basic cydia tweak features we wouldn't be so concerned about jailbreaking.
Went to the Apple store today, my iPhone would have been replaced, but they didn't have any T-Mobile ones in stocks. I'll probably just again in a few weeks, or just deal with it.

It was on 6.1.2 and jailbroken but I updated it this morning figuring I could test my luck and see if my replacement would be on 6.1.2. Oh well now, no jailbreak since it's on 6.1.3 (I just deal with it).
__________________
iMac + iPhone 5 + rMini
PsstGreek is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC