Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I have a pass code set for my reg iPad 3 and set one up for the mini but it doesn't work. On my ipad3, every time it goes on sleep mode it will activate the pass code. But on the mini it only does it sometimes. When I close the Smart Cover and then open it, it just shows screen already open.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
I have a pass code set for my reg iPad 3 and set one up for the mini but it doesn't work. On my ipad3, every time it goes on sleep mode it will activate the pass code. But on the mini it only does it sometimes. When I close the Smart Cover and then open it, it just shows screen already open.

Does the ipad 3 havens Smart Cover?

clystron

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2011
so what happens when you close the smartcover on your mini and then wait 5min before opening it?

I guess it could be a feature that closing the smartcover does not instantly lock it like the sleep-button does.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
thanks for reply. 5 min

The iPad (including the mini) with a Smart Cover will behave as if you hit the wake button and did the Slide to Unlock motion when you lift the Smart Cover.

If you have your passcode lock time set to 5 minutes, it wont ask for a passcode for 5 minutes. The time is set in Settings - General - Passcode lock - Require passcode (time).

This is separate from the "Auto-Lock" time in Settings - General; that's for sleeping the screen and, without a Smart Cover, putting up the Slide to Unlock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.