Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games

Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:29 PM   #76
bniu
macrumors 6502a

I'll prolly end up getting both as I currently have Xbox 360 and PS3.

What would be real sweet is if the consoles were even thinner than their predecessor consoles.

I'm hoping MS doesn't bungle the Xbox 720 as much as they did the 360 at launch. I remember my launch 360, the POS had no wifi, had a puny 20GB hard drive, had no HDMI, had no HD optical format support, the thing just plain sucked.

The revised one was much better, much sleeker, and had all the stuff built in that you'd expect for a console.
bniu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:02 PM   #77
Dagless
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by bniu View Post
I'm hoping MS doesn't bungle the Xbox 720 as much as they did the 360 at launch. I remember my launch 360, the POS had no wifi, had a puny 20GB hard drive, had no HDMI, had no HD optical format support, the thing just plain sucked.

The revised one was much better, much sleeker, and had all the stuff built in that you'd expect for a console.
The launch Xbox 360 had no HDMI?
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:25 PM   #78
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagless View Post
The launch Xbox 360 had no HDMI?
Nope... it was added later.
MacRumorUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:19 AM   #79
whooleytoo
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to whooleytoo
I'll definitely get both. For me unwrapping a new generation console is as good as gadget-buying gets. Buying a Mac is rarely as good, since after an hours setup or so you're basically using a slightly faster version of your old computer. With consoles, each one is typically a brand new experience. (In particular, the current generation added wireless controllers, HD graphics, hard drives for media storage, online access & games downloads etc...)

I do most of my gaming on 360 apart from any PS3-exclusives (I prefer the 360's controller and Achievements system), but I'm getting increasingly annoyed with MS. Playing the current game - what I do 99% of the time on the console - is now one tiny pane in page after page of adverts. And Gold XBL is required for the web browser (and Netflix?) Seriously - you have to pay a subscription to use a web browser? I've paid about a thousand euros for 360 consoles and accessories, and several thousands euros in games, and they're still penny-pinching?

I've been mulling over buying a compact-ish PC with a decent graphics card, wireless controller and hooking it up to the HDTV & surround sound system. But with the way the PC gaming market is shrinking, I'm not so sure it makes as much sense any more.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:27 PM   #80
peskaa
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by whooleytoo View Post
I've been mulling over buying a compact-ish PC with a decent graphics card, wireless controller and hooking it up to the HDTV & surround sound system. But with the way the PC gaming market is shrinking, I'm not so sure it makes as much sense any more.
Shrinking? The PC gaming industry is alive as ever - if not more so due to the likes of Steam. PC exclusives are still out there, and aren't going away.
peskaa is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:26 PM   #81
Dagless
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskaa View Post
Shrinking? The PC gaming industry is alive as ever - if not more so due to the likes of Steam. PC exclusives are still out there, and aren't going away.
Aye, PC gaming has been on the up for quite some time.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games > Console Games