Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattbrewster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
Hi all,

On my MacBook I purchased some songs from The Prodigy and The Presidents of the United States of America, and it has (correctly) sorted these artists into P. If I click "Get Info" for the songs, the Sort Artist and Sort Album Artist both have the leading "The" removed, which is as I'd expect.

The songs I purchased auto-downloaded on my iPhone and they all show up under P as expected.

On my iPad the songs also auto-downloaded but they are showing up under T when looking at Artist or Album view, but the strange thing is, if I open Song view, they all appear under P.

I'm using iTunes Match and running the latest version of iOS everywhere. Other songs by artists beginning with "The" are appearing where I'd expect (e.g. The Strokes is under S).

I've attached a couple of screenshots to illustrate the problem, has anyone else seen this and/or know of a solution?

Many thanks
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_0001.PNG
    IMG_0001.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    682.8 KB · Views: 104

mattbrewster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
In the end I had to disable iTunes Match on my iPad, delete the albums, connect the iPad to the computer and manually sync music which copied the albums across with the correct sorting. Then I re-enabled iTunes Match and after it synced with iCloud it was all fine.

A massive faff just to get correctly-sorted music and I don't know whether it will happen again when I buy music from a band prefixed with "The", but I guess I'll find out...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.