Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I WAS the one

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Orlando, FL
Can't all of you haters be happy for a moment and give enthusiasm to a new idea developed for the iPad or iPhone? Why so many critics and hating? Whoa, This community is turning into an Android community. :mad:

Renzatic

Suspended
I watched a little bit of it, and...meh. It's alright. For what it's supposed to be (a found footage film), it's a little too loud, overdone with pointless effects, and the acting's merely passable.

To me, it seems like its trying to be Marble Hornets, but fails because it lacks the subtlety and quiet moments that made MH so damn scary. I find it amazing that a big budget studio production failed to match what a few bored college kids with a couple hundred bucks did in their spare time.

AppleInTheMud

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Vojens Denmark
Have you watched The Cabin in the Woods?

Cabin in the woods ? WORST movie ever. Never seen anything as crapy as it.

Back To Topic.: Haunting Melissa is a great idea - But the movie is boring, scenes are to long. It's nothing.

And ehmmm.... Why the f... does AirPlay die, if you dont turn off the screen lock. THats stupiiid :)

NICE IDEA - THUMBS UP ! ... Haunting Melissa - Sucks Big Time though :-(

But more of this please.

Umasuki

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2009
You need to watch this then...

Sort of... But even Dexter is very methodical and very much "into" his killing, and endears & makes the audience feel safe because he only goes after other villains.

Remove those aspects, someone who just kills randomly, indiscriminately, broad daylight, city streets, you name it, because the opportunity presents itself and the idea strikes them, without any provocation or ideology or motive to figure out and track. Just, an unassuming character who wanders through the world at ease, leaving eddies of chaos in their wake because they can and it means absolutely nothing but a moments enjoyment to them.

Haven't seen cabin in the woods. I sort of lost interest in the horror genre when it all turned into supernatural quackery and shaky cameras in the dark and the aforementioned soundtracks.

The war scene in the beethoven bio "Immortal Beloved" was more horrific than any of that. ...and a pretty great movie too.

This movie will disturb you... And it's not a horror flick even. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwGFea7JuFw

It's not disturbing because it's grotesque or anything. It's because it happened... two years after it was made http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Ill stick to watching american horror story which also comes in episodes and is handily recorded on my nice TV.

reel2reel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
This ain't horror. The Shining is horror. The original Halloween is horror.

This is the same old PG-13 ghost-story crap that's been passing for horror for years now. Quick cuts and loud noises. Zero story, Zero craft, Zero fun.

Maybe infants might find it clever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.