Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I was reading a Mashable article this morning and this quote caught my eye.

"Cavins says that the company is currently working on native versions of the app for Windows 8 and Linux, and has an app for the next-generation Apple TV ready to go as soon as the device hits store shelves."

http://mashable.com/2012/11/29/fuzebox-mac/

Does this mean we are getting the appletv we always wanted?

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
More than likely they are speculating on the actual Television rumored to be released by Apple sometime next year. We can always hope though!

Mak47

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
I don't know that I'd read too much into it. There are already non-Apple "apps" on the Apple TV, Fuze could easily be a new one for a future generation device.

With Airplay the Apple TV is a very handy device for conference and board rooms, but companies are often slow to adopt new products, not realizing their potential. Fuze is interesting because it's a very popular conferencing application already, including it on Apple TV could speed up adoption of the product as something more than just an entertainment device.

Pyromonkey83

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
The other big key that points to me thinking this is more based on a rumored physical TV is that it is a video conferencing app. Seeing as how there is clearly no webcam built into the current ATV.

Of course I guess it could run off of the micro USB port in the back, but that would require adapters, which I don't even know if female USB -> male micro USB even exists... And if it does exist, could it support a webcam? Im really skeptical on that...

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Personally I would like to see Apple explore this kind of video conference friendly form factor for the next TV:

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Personally I would like to see Apple explore this kind of video conference friendly form factor for the next TV:

YouTube: video

I don't think we need that. Apple already has FaceTime cameras on about every device made, and an Apple TV set would likely have the same. Most people who would need to do FaceTime will use an iPad, iPhone or computer, not a TV. I can't imagine the next ATV box changing much physically.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.