Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tymaster50

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
iPad Mini I can download games for free, PS vita I'm sure I would have to pay for everything and since I'll be going to college I'm not sure if it's worth the investment but I already have an iPhone 5. I know I know "can't make a decision without going to macrumors" but I just wanted to hear another opinion on it

iPad Mini Pro's
first iPad
Tablet
Portable
Bigger screen
Able to do more stuff,
Cons-
more expensive
possibility of being sold out
will be possibly outdated in a few months
PS Vita
finally a game system(ps3 got red light)
smaller and more portable
cons -
have to buy games again
heard it isn't too good right now.
Or should I try to go for a larger iPad?

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
At this point, I would never buy a dedicated hand-held gaming system. There are a lot of capable gaming tablets that play great games.

Svend

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
It really depends on what kind of games you play. If you want a 10 minute time waster, the iPad has lots of games that fit. If you enjoy more involved games, the PS Vita would probably be a better choice. I have yet to find a serious iPad game I would not rather play on a console device. The controls on iPad games are usually what sucks.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Get the iPad Mini. Since you're going to college, it's going to be really beneficial to you because you'll be able to use it for note taking, studying notes, maybe some textbooks, and some other things. There are some pretty good games too and always new ones coming out every week, and they're not going to cost you $20-50 a pop like the Vita ones will, more like ~$15 (the really good ones anyway).

You're going to college, why do you even need a portable gaming system for anyway? Just think about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.