Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Feb 21, 2014, 07:49 PM   #26
Geeks On Hugs
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnishSR19 View Post
Ditto. These thirty minutes are going to be a long haul. By the way, is their a shortcut for screenshots, or do you have to run the app?
Same! Thanks!

BTW, I'm doing this on a late 2012 iMac 21.5"

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthetickz View Post
One tip for you guys. If you wanna know if you're stuck or not. Open the WININSTALL usb drive in your finder and go to SOURCES. Then right click INSTALL.WIM and click View Info, then check it's file size and remember it. This is the biggest file bootcamp has to copy to your usb and this takes long. If you check the file size of the USB drive itself, it won't update the used space because the file copy is not finished yet. If you check INSTALL.WIM a few minutes later, the file size should be bigger, it think the total size is a few gigs. If INSTALL.WIM isn't getting bigger, maybe reopen finder, but if it still doesn't get bigger bootcamp assistent might have a problem.
Thanks, that made me feel better that it's working! Actually mine hasn't even got to sources yet but I saw files being added. Nice to know. Damn, why is it taking so damned long though?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:03 PM   #27
LycanNyc
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to LycanNyc Send a message via Skype™ to LycanNyc
Is anyone getting "Your bootable USB drive could not be created"
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:25 PM   #28
DeltaMac
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycanNyc View Post
Is anyone getting "Your bootable USB drive could not be created"
Have you tried searching for that error message?
Google has a bunch of responses - https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
DeltaMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2014, 03:20 AM   #29
everfangomanga
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to everfangomanga Send a message via MSN to everfangomanga Send a message via Yahoo to everfangomanga Send a message via Skype™ to everfangomanga
I just had this issue (have used bootcamp on this same computer without issue before) and just restarted my computer, and instead of having the thumb drive in a usb hub, I put it directly into the computer. Not sure which of the two solutions fixed my problem, but it's working now.
everfangomanga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2014, 01:03 PM   #30
thewasp
macrumors newbie

I was just having the same issue as it took a bit longer than I expected. Then I had an idea to check the actual progress by opening "Get Info" window for the flash drive. Right-click on your drive in Finder and select Get Info. Or simply select the drive in Finder and press Command + I. Screenshot attached.

You should see the available capacity getting smaller and that is when you know Bootcamp is actually copying the files. This the way you find out whether it's just taking long or if it's stuck for some reason. In my case I saw the capacity getting smaller, so thankfully it was just taking unusually long.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 6.54.34 PM.png
Views:	25
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	469533  
thewasp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac