Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Petulka

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2010
I'll be getting my first rMBP and I wonder if FCPX is as advanced as SV in windows which I have learned on medium level. Can I see what is possible to do in FCPX somewhere?

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
There are lots of tutorial videos on Youtube, as well as information on the Apple site and reviews that should help you make a decision.

rdsii64

macrumors regular
May 14, 2008
rolling up your sleeves

I have never used Sony Vegas, but I ABSOLUTE love Final Cut Pro X. Someone suggested grabbing a trial copy. The truth is the only real way to answer your question is to get your hands dirty with both of them and see which one you like. To me Final cut Pro is as easy to use as iMovie but some else's experience may be different. Grab trial copy of each one and tell us what you found.

martinX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Australia
To me Final cut Pro is as easy to use as iMovie but some else's experience may be different.
I started with iMovie 1 and ended up at iMovie 6 and ended up using FCP6 for a living. I now have FCP X at home on a 27" iMac and will eventually end up with that at work.

The new iMovie drives me nuts and always has. FCP X is much nicer.

(When I moved from the old iMovie to FCP, know what I missed? The magnetic snapping of clips. The #1 thing old-school editors seem to hate about FCP X :D. I love it.)

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Just download the trial.

It takes a LONG time to figure out how to use FCP's features, many times you don't get much out of a 30 day trial.

Another way to find out about FCP is to spend $25 on a subscription to the place linked below. They have loads and loads or high quality classess. Yes you can see some guy on Youtube explaining it but the profesional productions are worth the $25 cost. What the 8 hour intro "101" class.

There is no way you wil find yourself limited by FCP and it has the same feel or look as other Apple pro apps

Seems they have a free 60 minute sample lesson....http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/final+cut+pro+x-suite

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.