Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iteachmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
I feel like I'm going crazy. My new ipad mini, which is amazing in so many ways, emits a soft click at random. Usually after a combination of a swipe and a home key press. I cannot find any combination that will trigger the click, but it is definitely triggered by a touch.

Whether the volume is up or muted, it stays soft, almost in audible. I really like this thing, but its starting to make me ill.

Anyone heard of such behavior?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I have not. If it's still within the 2 week window, return it and get a new one. Otherwise try and get it exchanged under warranty.

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I have not. If it's still within the 2 week window, return it and get a new one. Otherwise try and get it exchanged under warranty.

I agree. I would go to an Apple Store and get it checked out. If you feel like it's going to bother you a bunch, I would definitely get it replaced if it's a valid problem.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
I feel like I'm going crazy. My new ipad mini, which is amazing in so many ways, emits a soft click at random. Usually after a combination of a swipe and a home key press. I cannot find any combination that will trigger the click, but it is definitely triggered by a touch.

Whether the volume is up or muted, it stays soft, almost in audible. I really like this thing, but its starting to make me ill.

My release day Mini was clicking/creaking because my glass became separated from the edge on the volume button side. Every time I pushed down on the screed it make a slight creaking clicking noise. I got mine swapped out.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
My release day Mini was clicking/creaking because my glass became separated from the edge on the volume button side. Every time I pushed down on the screed it make a slight creaking clicking noise. I got mine swapped out.

Mine had a similar problem on the top of the unit. Slight click everytime I touched that area. As with MrXiro it was swapped with out any problems.

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010

I have heard this too in a silent room. It almost sounds electrical instead of a physical click. Thought I was going crazy, but a friend also heard it when scrolling fast through a page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.