Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

majordude

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
I have Navigon and Tom Tom.

I usually find Tom Tom much more accurate in terms of traffic. However, lately it's been failing me. It tells me there is a traffic jam and a better route is available. If I question it and continue on the first road that it chose, I usually discover the accident has long since been cleared up which means the data has to be at least an hour old if the cops and crashed cars are no longer there.

I know Google added GPS but I don't know if it has traffic and rerouting. I tried Waze a few years ago and it always reported spurious traffic alerts too. If I sat at a red light too long it would say there were delays or a traffic jam.

Ideas?

AbeFrohman

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Waze used to be my first choice, but I found it dropped GPS signal and would have to reroute frequently. I also found it to be laggy and alerts would come either after the planned event (turn, exit, etc.) or too soon before it to do anything.

Been using Scout for a while now. Nice user interface, seems to be more accurate and good prompts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.