Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crovali

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
Does anyone else have this problem? I ordered it the first day they were available and the payment is still processing. I don't want the shipping time to slip to 4-5 weeks.

mchoffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Asheville, NC
It will say processing until it's ready to ship. They do an authorization for the amount first, THEN actually charge when it's going out.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Apple doesn't charge until product ships. Whatever your deliver by date is is good. No worries unless your billing & ship to address don't match.

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
I used a debit card and the full amount showed up under pending transactions immediately. I'm not sure if it will actually come out once the banks open tomorrow or if it will go when the iMac ships. I hope it comes out tomorrow - easier to keep track of my balance that way.

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I used a debit card and the full amount showed up under pending transactions immediately. I'm not sure if it will actually come out once the banks open tomorrow or if it will go when the iMac ships. I hope it comes out tomorrow - easier to keep track of my balance that way.

For credit card purchases, the amount isn't deducted from your account until the iMac ships. I assume that it's posted as a pending transaction to assure that the credit limit won't be exceeded by subsequent purchases. I suspect that it's similar for debit cards - the money isn't actually transferred from your account yet, but is effectively set aside so it'll be there when the computer ships.

Personally, I would want the funds to remain in my account as long as possible, especially if it's an interest-bearing account or has other benefits that depend on maintaining a balance.

Last edited:

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
For me something very strange happened. Apple charged me two times when they reserved the amount for my imac. first they took the whole sum of the imac then a few secs later they reserved an amount of about $400+ for nothing I bought...
I have called them but haven´t heard anything back. I never accepted this withdrawal, kinda weird they can do that...I find such things rather serious and would expect an instant customer service to sort it out - which I haven't got yet.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.