Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I am coming from windows and really liked uTorrent, whats a good client for Mac?

bobright

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Thanks guys

Going to try out Transmission:)

BTW where is a good directory to save my torrents? Everything is completely new to me here on this Mac so any help is appreciated

aquaboy

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2011
UK
Utorrent has a great iOS app so you can easily add torrents while away from home!

scruby

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2012
Netherlands
I love the transmission interface but whenever im downloading big files trough it it happens to freeze alot. I dont have this problem with utorrent.

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
Stick with µTorrent. It is also one of the few programs that deals well with partial downloads (for example selecting 10 of 10000 MAME ROMS). Transmission also downloads unselected files in the same parts, which is bloody annoying.

Noddabro

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
Lenexa, KS
I've been pretty satisfied with Transmission. The thing where it still partially downloads unselected files is a bit annoying, but easy to clean up after the DL is finished.

theturn

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2012
and transmission has a web interface which lets you add torrents away from home even if you don't have an iOS device

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.